Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I just bought this 2010 Renegade Adrenaline and have a few questions after trying to read up a bit on them here.

1)I see that several people upgrade to the premium instrument cluster by buying a $150 module that unlocks temp, altimeter, some sort of lap counter and compass. Would this be necessary (or it already unlocked) on my sled? Why is it necessary to monitor the temp? Do they overhead often?

2) Does this model REQUIRE premium gasoline or will it still operate (lower performance) with regular gas?

3) Are there upgrades that seem universally necessary (better skid plates, hand deflectors, etc..) with this new sled?

4) Is it ok to use other brands of oil for this 2 stroke or should I strictly use the exact recommended brand?

5) Is there a good 'summerizing' procedure thread in order to avoid my 50 mile trek to the dealership to do it next year?

By the way I am new to snowmobiling, so sorry if these are stupid questions.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congradulations and welcome.

What engine do you have? If you have the etec the sumerization proceedure is listed step by step in the owners manual.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You are going to want to run premium gas.

temp gage is a nice feature if you ever run on marginal snow so you can tell ahead of time if the sled is starting to overhead instead of just an idot light.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if this unit can have the premium gauge module added to get the extra features? How can I find this out as my 'dealer' is 40 miles away.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Adrenaline doesn't come with the multi funtion guage. If you add the temp guage you have to toggle over to see it. You can only read the gas guage or temp guage not both at the same time. Kind of a let down. I have the same sled. It will push some in the corners. I sucked up the limiter strap 1 hole and I think I'm on 2 or 3 on the front shocks. Middle shock is up 1 or 2 from the top and the rear is on the top or 1 from the top. I weigh 220. Keep an eye on the belt height. The adjuster loosens up sometimes. Should tach out at 8150. When I first got mine it was only getting about 28/1 gas/oil. I adjusted the oil cable from 16.5 mm to 18.5 mm, I now get about 40/1. Its behind the muffler, the muffler is a bitch to get the springs back on. I get about 13 mpg. Sled is fast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you explain about the adjustment of the gas oil mix! Is that explained somewhere else?! I'd love to be able to keep from burning too much oil.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can probably do a search and get some more info.
But first you need to put some miles on and keep track of your fuel and oil usage.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would not mess with adjusting the oil pump yourself yet. If you are concerned with buring too much oil i would take it to the dealer and have them check it out for you.

as mentioned above you need to run premium gas or risk setting off the knock sensor and going into limp mode.

handguards are good to keep your hands warmer as the block the wind and (and sticks if you go offtrail riding.
the skid plate is good protection and if you decide to do alot of offtrail riding i would call it a requirement. go with the rpm plate or skidoo extreme plate (search on here will give tons of info on both).

there are tons of good info on here for summerizing and what oil is best debates. just use the search button and you will find huge amounts of info on both.

Welcome to dootalk! you got a great sled! winter is right around the corner!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help! I guess I'll ride it for the season and see what it uses for oil. My dealer is 40+ miles away and hope to do most maintenance and summerizing myself.

I see that the ski doo extreme skid plate is 1/3 the cost of the rpm brand. Is it still the same plate for all XP type sleds?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is there a site to download snowmobile trails into a gps (similar to the free geocaching site) where you can choose an area and download the map (hopefully for free)?!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts