Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well hopefully by next year the sleds will be fully restored and im looking to take them on a trip to wisconsin with the girlfreind for like 4 days. i really dont want to drive all the way to where we go in the summer fishing (hayward) but its only $35 bucks a night for a cabin per a person. ive never gone on a trip and id like to be somewhere thats not super easy to get lost although i will prolly have a gps that plots your chart. anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's probably a bit more than 4 hours from Chicago, but the U.P. has great snow, great trails, and if you go up far enough there is not going to be much of a crowd. I spent the last week there, and had a great time. Here is a link to the place I stayed at--nothing fancy, but a cheap comfortable bed to sleep on after long days on the trail.

http://www.westernup.com/scotts/

·
Registered
616 Posts
I live about 60 miles Northwest of Chicago, and our group always go at least as far north as Hayward to be assured of snow. I remember two seasons ago, we were up when the space shuttle went down, and there was a pretty definate snow line running East/West across the state. We stayed in Conover, and we had enough snow to ride on, and just 10 miles to the south in Eagle River, there wasn't enough to ride on. Further north. across the line into Michigan, they had a lot more. In that case, just 10 miles made a huge difference.
I have a friend who has a cabin near Waupaca, WI, and after that season ended, my brother went up to the cabin with this guy, and the bar owner told them what a crap winter they had just had - only about 3 days of riding the whole winter. If you think you can guess what weeks, or even days the middle portion of Wisconsin will have snow, go ahead and make the reservations! Just PM me the Lotto numbers for next week if you don't mind

Just spend the extra time to go all the way up to the Northwoods to be assured you'll have a good time. Last thing you want is to have to trailer 2 hours north from the resort every day to ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so so so true and i like the idea of going where i know the food is good and so are the people cause ive stayed there 4 or 5 times and my dad and his best freind have stayed for 25 outa the last 30 years.

thanks guys

·
Registered
870 Posts
Castle Rock Lake area is just about 3.5 hours, some pretty good riding if there's snow and quite a few good places to stop. A buddy of mines dad lives on the lake so we go up on long weekend trips in between our big trips to the U.P. I know there are some resort type of places but don't know the names off hand, but I can find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.