Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I knew this day would come...after approximately 27,000 miles (give or take 500 miles) l've had to lay my dear Pilot 6.9's to rest after running them since 2008.

l ordered a new pair to put "in stock" when l heard they were going to be discontinued a few years back...so out with the old, in with the new.

I don't know what l'll run when these expire but l figure l've got 12 years to think about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
SnomoSnob
2,584 Posts
Pilot 7.4s may be the next gen. Or Simons!

Not sure, have not seen them in person yet.

( I Like the 6.9s!) since 07 Gade 1000.

Later

GutZ

Reactions: Ski Dog

·
Registered
936 Posts
You can still get 6.9's new? Just ordered a new set with my '19 one year ago. You just need to order the individual parts (ski bottom and loops).

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
You can still get 6.9's new? Just ordered a new set with my '19 one year ago. You just need to order the individual parts (ski bottom and loops).
I'll have to look into it, thanks.
That's how l ordered my last ones, as individual parts. Nice thing is the part numbers are on the skis.

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
27,000 miles is pretty awesome life - nice job. :righton

Reactions: SShooterZ

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I picked up a new set of 6.9's last month just to keep in stock.

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
That's incredible ski life! We have a group friends we jokingly call ourselves skagless racing as we go through skis every 3-4000 km. Spring riding is hard on skis and wear bars.

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,356 Posts
Pretty impressive life you got out of them.

I love mine and have only been using them since 2013 or so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What are the pros and cons of the 6.9 vs the 5.7 on the 850 g4 chassis specifically the xrs? I was contemplating getting different skis last year , I really wasn't 100% confident in the cornering in less than optimum conditions. I am happier with shaper bars and the skis shimmed , also did the sway bar mod and helped . I just feel like the ski doesn't want to hold a line through the corner in looser trail conditions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I got a new pair last month too. I have a used pair of white and black marble ones that I’ve been using since 2009 but no where near the miles on them! Not fan of the color so bought a pair of black while they’re still available. Might buy another now that I think of it!

·
Registered
344 Posts
What are the pros and cons of the 6.9 vs the 5.7 on the 850 g4 chassis specifically the xrs? I was contemplating getting different skis last year , I really wasn't 100% confident in the cornering in less than optimum conditions. I am happier with shaper bars and the skis shimmed , also did the sway bar mod and helped . I just feel like the ski want to hold a line through the corner in looser trail conditions.
6.9 are much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
6.9's on my 1200 are great, the skis, full skid plate and rip2 1.5" track make it less of an unguided missle in deep snow.

·
Registered
750 Posts
What are the pros and cons of the 6.9 vs the 5.7 on the 850 g4 chassis specifically the xrs? I was contemplating getting different skis last year , I really wasn't 100% confident in the cornering in less than optimum conditions. I am happier with shaper bars and the skis shimmed , also did the sway bar mod and helped . I just feel like the ski doesn't want to hold a line through the corner in looser trail conditions.
No cons, all pros. That simple

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
I put the 6.9's on my 18' XRS and love them, way better in all conditions over the stock 5.7's. had them on my 09" XP as well and loved them there as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There is a set of "powder skis" for sale. The seller doesn't know if they are DS-2 or 6.9, though they measure about that. Are these skis marked so I would know the difference. What's the width on the DS-2? They are in good shape, the seller went back to 5.7.

Though I have a '21 900t with the new ski, I could pick these up in the event those don't work out.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The DS2 is a single carbide ski. The Pilot 6.9 looks like a 5.7 just wider (6.9" vs. 5.7") and can have one or two carbides. Ski loops are also different. There used to be a picture of both in the PG&A catalog, not sure if there is in the '21 catalog.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts