Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used MANY chemicals in my day and I must say that Goo-gone and Goof-off are by far the most impressive. The decals on the sides of the '05 MXZ are huge and cover alot of area. I had less than half a bottle of Goof-Off, thats only a couple ounces. I was sure that it would not be enough and that I would need more. Boy was I wrong. A little goes a long way. One good squirt on the corner of a rag was enough to soften the adhesive at least 12" x 12" and make it come off completely on the second application. Needless to say I finished removing all of the adhesive from the removed decals with some left to spare. I then used pure alchohol to "dry" everything and be sure that all residue was gone. The new decals stuck like it was a new panel. There may be other stuff that works, but I have never seen so little go so far. Most other stuff I have used I would have burned through a far larger container getting this sticky stuff off. Go Goo-Gone! Either brand goo-gone or goof-off. Same stuff.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I took some of my decals off and only had WD-40. Worked pretty good to remove the adhesive residue.

·
Registered
637 Posts
kanobi said:
I have used MANY chemicals in my day and I must say that Goo-gone and Goof-off are by far the most impressive. The decals on the sides of the '05 MXZ are huge and cover alot of area. I had less than half a bottle of Goof-Off, thats only a couple ounces. I was sure that it would not be enough and that I would need more. Boy was I wrong. A little goes a long way. One good squirt on the corner of a rag was enough to soften the adhesive at least 12" x 12" and make it come off completely on the second application. Needless to say I finished removing all of the adhesive from the removed decals with some left to spare. I then used pure alchohol to "dry" everything and be sure that all residue was gone. The new decals stuck like it was a new panel. There may be other stuff that works, but I have never seen so little go so far. Most other stuff I have used I would have burned through a far larger container getting this sticky stuff off. Go Goo-Gone! Either brand goo-gone or goof-off. Same stuff.

[snapback]284535[/snapback]​
Yeah that sh&% works good, plus I like the smell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts