Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume they come with a 1" track from factory. I'm sure little issue with studding it.

What about using an 1.25"?

I see a few of you have installed 1.25" 'rip-saw' tracks with studs as well....

What appears to be the best set-up?

My last three sleds have had 1.25"...which I've grown to love.

Mattie

·
Registered
608 Posts
mattie said:
I assume they come with a 1" track from factory. I'm sure little issue with studding it.

Mattie

[snapback]290084[/snapback]​
definitly go with the 1.25'' the one inch doesnt hook up that great, im thinking about changing mine

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
mattie said:

Mattie

If you run the lakes or are into drag racing, then stay with the 1" track. The 1.25 kills top end.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Its a crap shoot for the manufacturer, if they run a std 1.25 on it, half the people will hate it and say they should run a 1". Same thing vice versa..... Here's what we'll be pushing for as dealers: 1.25" option on spring break sleds at N/C: those guys that want it, order up. OTW its a 1" std track.

Most of you guys know by now I am a ripsaw fan, the 3-4mph loss is not a big enough deal for the tradeoff in acceleration. Man, my arms are sore!

·
Registered
816 Posts
dooit2it said:
Its a crap shoot for the manufacturer, if they run a std 1.25 on it, half the people will hate it and say they should run a 1". Same thing vice versa..... Here's what we'll be pushing for as dealers: 1.25" option on spring break sleds at N/C: those guys that want it, order up. OTW its a 1" std track.

Most of you guys know by now I am a ripsaw fan, the 3-4mph loss is not a big enough deal for the tradeoff in acceleration. Man, my arms are sore!

[snapback]292262[/snapback]​
i have the stock track with 192 studs , my wife has the skidoo 1.25 with 192 studs. there is about 5-7 mph difference . we originally ran the 1 inch track on both sleds with same clutching and top end was the same. i would go with the 1 inch

·
Registered
877 Posts
mattie said:

Mattie

I'm sorry to say I can't honestly recommend buying a BRP product right now, especially the Mach Z. Fouled plugs? Nope, "not a problem" they say. Hyfax wear? "news to us, you must be riding in low snow conditions". Runs out of fuel at 1/4 tank? "we know of no problems reported".
Add the garbage shocks in for good measure and you have quite a few "edit for bad language" off customers. I've spent over 20 grand in two years with BRP and both sleds have MAJOR issues that are not "acknowledged" by BRP.
Oh, good luck with yours though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts