Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come to let my trusted 99 mxz 600 go. I looked around on Kijiji and Auto trader but thats more confusing than ever. There is a lot of dreamers out there. So if anyone has any idea where I should start for an asking price please post it here.

Particulers are..

New track and studs, I mean Brand frikken New
new sliders
new carbides
spare belts
cover
14,000kms
both clutches had new springs last season
all new bearings including driveshaft and chaincase bearings
lots of yellow accessories
2 tone black/yellow hood with 02 decals (big deal I know)
just a plain rock-solid sled
2nd owner and I knew the first

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well, the time has come to let my trusted 99 mxz 600 go. I looked around on Kijiji and Auto trader but thats more confusing than ever. There is a lot of dreamers out there. So if anyone has any idea where I should start for an asking price please post it here.

Particulers are..

New track and studs, I mean Brand frikken New
new sliders
new carbides
spare belts
cover
14,000kms
both clutches had new springs last season
all new bearings including driveshaft and chaincase bearings
lots of yellow accessories
2 tone black/yellow hood with 02 decals (big deal I know)
just a plain rock-solid sled
2nd owner and I knew the first
I would start at $2600-$2800 and adjust according to what the dreamers are asking. Good luck

·
Registered
687 Posts
i sold my 99 mxz 600 three years ago with 1900miles for $2500.
it was mint too.
is your engine original? if not has the crank be rebuilt?

I think if you could get $2k you'd be sitting pretty.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i sold my 99 mxz 600 three years ago with 1900miles for $2500.
it was mint too.
is your engine original? if not has the crank be rebuilt?

I think if you could get $2k you'd be sitting pretty.
Engine has not been touched, never had to. I was going to freshen it up this year but I can't justify the operating cost that come with owning 2 sleds. I'm going to give it a thorough going over and cleaning this weekend and then I'll list it and see what happens.

·
Registered
417 Posts
ask $2500 and you will probably get $2200 for the sled.

·
Registered
55 Posts
With that many km a rebuild will be required soon, either preventative or because of a burn down. Id say you ask $2500 and take $2000

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With that many km a rebuild will be required soon, either preventative or because of a burn down. Id say you ask $2500 and take $2000
Ya the Km is high and everyone thinks their own sleds are always mint. I just want to be fair and hopefully sell it to someone that understands whats involved with maintaining a sled so they get some good times out of it, I know I sure have. I really wish I could keep it but I have my new sled now and honestly I can't afford operating two sleds anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know, I have seen 2002 800's that go for around there (I'm also in Ontario, kinda crappy how expensive sleds are here). It kind of depends on how badly you want it to sell. I'd go for $2500 OBO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts