Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know that term was coined in around 89 when 14 people were shot, history shows this happens often and has cost nearly 30 lives. Come on now, sure the mail keeps coming, then the bar code reader jams, then it's publishers clearinghouse
but there is -0- preasure, I mean really, do we ever expect the mail to be on time, do we ever really know how long it takes to go from here to there? Give me a break, try an airport traffic controler, they are on edge all the time and sometimes worse, and there are 10s of 1000s of jobs like this. So what is up with this????

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
MotionMan said:
You know that term was coined in around 89 when 14 people were shot, history shows this happens often and has cost nearly 30 lives. Come on now, sure the mail keeps coming, then the bar code reader jams, then it's publishers clearinghouse
but there is -0- preasure, I mean really, do we ever expect the mail to be on time, do we ever really know how long it takes to go from here to there? Give me a break, try an airport traffic controler, they are on edge all the time and sometimes worse, and there are 10s of 1000s of jobs like this. So what is up with this????
[snapback]691216[/snapback]​
Agree, How about a mortgage broker!!!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, thats what I am, did you know that? I have been doing this for 20 years this year. I work for Fifth Third in Holland, MI 20 years and I don't smoke or drink coffee
they all said I would at some point. Yes, this job is he ll on earth sometimes, but when it is slow I just play.
thats why I have over 2000 miles this season.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
MotionMan said:
Ha, thats what I am, did you know that? I have been doing this for 20 years this year. I work for Fifth Third in Holland, MI 20 years and I don't smoke or drink coffee
they all said I would at some point. Yes, this job is he ll on earth sometimes, but when it is slow I just play.

[snapback]691246[/snapback]​
Don't drink coffee? Hmmmmm is that humanly possible? Just messin with ya!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
MotionMan said:

I doo not smoke or drink coffee either. I have been slower than usual but with no snow to ride. Only 1050 miles so far this year.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
The Postal Service is not a very nice place to work. My sister-in-law is a letter carrier and works unbelivable hours, 6 days a week. Vacation and sick leave is very inflexable. I have known 2 other people that were former USPS employees and they told similar stories. The USPS places a lot of pressure on their people. It is not your typical gubment job.

NOW....that being said, this workplace shoot-em-up crap is happening at lots of places, not just USPS. And it is unexcuseable. If you just have to check out, why take a bunch of people with you?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right, it is happeneing all over. In my job you are dealing with the biggest choice of your life...to buy a home and pay for it forever. If you do not approve them they can get pretty upset. I have never even been scared of someone I have worked with but on the bank side at the branch work at I have had to ask people to leave due to outbursts of profanity or threats on the girls who work there. One lady said she was going to come back and shoot us, we called the police and they had 7 cars in a row across the front , she never came back and we closed her account and mailed her her money. I have never been in a hold up either, that would scare the crap out of me.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
It is a cruel world out there. People need to stop walking around in condition white. At least ramp it up to condition yellow and keep an eye on the sketch monkeys around you and not let them get behind you.

My mom works at a local credit union that was held up in September. Dumbs#!t had a friend drive getaway in the friends car that was known to the cops. Had them rolled up in 12 hours. Only got away with a few hunderd dollars and hadn't even spent hardly any of it. Guess they needed a rock or something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
MotionMan said:

I am also a mortgage loan officer for Flagstar Bank in Monroe, Mi and I love the free time this job gives us to get out and play. Wish we would get some more snow.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I remember the shooting in Royal Oak years ago. Our neighbor was in the building and the shooter (who was a friend of his) pointed the gun at him. For some reason he did not pull the trigger and went on shooting other people.

Our neighbor moved, but now he is my parents mailman in Berkley. I always thought people in Michigan were crazy, but the post office has taken that to a whole new level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts