Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to glue some broken tabs on my side panel. Should I be gluing if so what type? If not plastic weld? Just melt it with a soldering iron? Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Check out Eastwood Auto at eastwood.com, search plastic repair. They have all kinds of stuff for auto plastic. I have used some years ago to repair a kick panel in a 69 Camaro. The panel is still in the car with no crack and you can’t tell unless you were to take it off.

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
56,382 Posts
If you can gently flex that tab back into place, tape it or clamp it so it's where it supposed to be then you can heat a finishing nail till it's red hot and press it in from the top down till it buried inside the tab.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can gently flex that tab back into place, tape it or clamp it so it's where it supposed to be then you can heat a finishing nail till it's red hot and press it in from the top down till it buried inside the tab.
I was kinda thinking something along those lines for the side one. The top latch might need something a bit more maybe not. Worth trying. Good tip.

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
One issue with gluing plastic is knowing what type of plastic it is. Different plastics need different glues.

That said, I recently did a job with a JB Weld glue the did a bunch of different types, so far it's working well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts