Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us were planning a trip for new years but the review are not good,not good at all! Any thoughts from people that have stayed here or maybe somewhere in the area you like and would stay that is better??
Thanks

·
I'm Dooing It
3,966 Posts
A group of us were planning a trip for new years but the review are not good,not good at all! Any thoughts from people that have stayed here or maybe somewhere in the area you like and would stay that is better??
Thanks
If you follow Alex's rules and don't make asses of yourselves Glacier House is a great place to stay. Civilized guests are treated well! There will be lots of retortes and it we could hear Alex's side to the story it would make for an interesting read....

·
Registered
538 Posts
I stayed at the Glacier House for 7 nights back in January 2009. They had between 5 and 12 inches of snowfall every night! I would recommend staying in a cabin as they are very updated, great kitchens, bedrooms, and well worth the price. The one we stayed in, there was a spa on the back deck all to ourselves. If you have the people to fill them up, splitting the price isnt too bad. Since it was partly off season it was only $2k, but the cabin slept 6 people. There's other cabins the sleep many many more. The trail head to the mountain riding was about 100 yards out our front door and we always had our sleds parked outside. There was a small fee at the trail head everyday for grooming charges but I cant remember it being too bad. Maybe 15 bucks or something. They have gas there you can use to fill up your sleds but is also quite abit more than loading up a few gas cans and driving 2 miles down the road to fill them up at a big gas station. Its recommended. The food there was really pretty good. We ate downstairs at the lodge a few times in the bar area where most riders congregated after long days of riding for some good drinks, stories, and watching some good sled vids on the projector TV shining on the wall. Some real good times to be had. A few people had abit too much to drink but were'nt shunned by all means. We were all kinda tipsy, walking back to the cabins after the bar closed but no one was too rowdy that they got kicked out. I recommend staying there, it was a good experience for us.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Stayed there not last season but the one before that. I am an easy going guy and don't expect a lot. I mean the riding was good when we could see. The location couldn't be any better. To not have a reason to go into town and you can sled right from the place is great. Problem is when we were there the food sucked big time. The owners were not very hospital people. A couple of the workers there were cool though. Expensive food for what you got totally not worth it. Plus the place down stairs closes early.

maybe it isn't as bad as I think. Its just that place could be so incredible. I don't get hammered after a ride. After all you have to be able to ride the next day. They do not have a good business model when it comes to their clients. Make the food good and at a good price guys will stay and have a few more drinks. We actually ended up going into town the 2 nights after the first night there.

·
We're All Gonna Get Stuck!
2,902 Posts
"The owners were not very hospital?" What's that mean. Just buggin you, I get it.

I have never stayed at Glacier House, but I have eaten there. I thought the food was pretty good.
I can't give a review on the rooms and stuff, but just thought I would throw the idea of Smoky Bear Cabins at you.
Really nice cabins (although they aren't very big). But The owners bring you into their home each morning and cook you one heck of a breakfast complete with all the fixings (including Bailey's for your coffee). We had a different breaky each of the 3 mornings we were there. Then you go back to your cabin and get ready to ride while they make you a trail lunch. You stop in on your way out and grab a lunch and ride for the day. They are right across from the West entrance to boulder so in mid-season, you can ride right from there. Late season you have to drive to the main entrance. They also have a hot-tub to use at the end of a long day.
Anyway, you get all that for only $50 per person per night. I would recommend going there for sure.
Also, when we were there, Clayton (the owner) took us riding for a day. He showed us all of his favorite spots (which I can't mention here cause they are now my favorites).
All in all it was a great weekend of riding until the very last part of the very last day. What happened? Let's just say it Saturday March 13, 2010. We weren't involved directly, but we were on Boulder that day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts