Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She rode my 15 gade x for awhile and wants a new sled. She cannot decide between a mxz x with 129 skid or 137 renegade x.? Any advice on the difference of ride over bumps, agility, etc..? Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
How aggressive does your girlfriend ride?????

I just bought my wife a renegade adrenaline and she absolutely loves it.

She was riding a 120, but now on the 137 she has nothing but positive things to say.

She loves how the 137 rides, handles the bumps, etc.

But.....she is not an aggressive rider. She is not railing the corners at all. So pushing for her is a non-factor.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I bought an Enduro 900 this year and my wife has a 2012 MXZ X 600.

When she rode my Enduro this year, she thought it steered easier and rode better than her shorty X. I spring ordered her a 2017.

That being said, we are trail cruisers and the Enduro is very adjustable with the AirRide and TS Skis.

I personally think the Enduro is the best trail sled I have ever ridden and I am happy moving from 120 to 137.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wife has 3,600 on her 2016 129" and loves it !! Prior to that she had the 120, found that squirrelly in the trail and my 137" pushed to much. The 129" is perfect and very trail friendly and adjustable.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
why switch from the 120? I've only got this one season on the 129 and I miss how nimble the 120 was and the weight savings back to the 120 was like 50lbs so for a chick i'd stick with the 120 or if you must get that newer 129 at most.

why that excess track? is she gonna do crazy hill climbs, sidehilling, super deep powder play etc? if not and if not a lot of it stay 129 or less

as far as taking bumps go my 120 was sweet my 129 is even smoother but heavier to throw around, different to jump and way heavier in general to move around in the garage by hand, get unstuck by myself etc.

lighter is better, longer you go more it will push if you mostly trail ride which i do for sure

my opinions

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I have noticed a renegade with TS skis handles much better than the 2014 renegade I had , might just be the set up I like in a sled . Renegade X will be next sled for me

·
Registered
424 Posts
She won't regret the 137"

My girl friend wanted to ride my XRS 129 today she liked it but commented how her 137x felt more stable. She felt mine was loose in the back. I have a 1.5 lug she has 1.6
I know she will never want a shorter sled.

I can ride her 137 just as fast thru tight twisties as my 129 it gives up nothing. Off trail the 16x137 obviously floats better than 15x129

1 - 12 of 12 Posts