Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She rode my 15 gade x for awhile and wants a new sled. She cannot decide between a mxz x with 129 skid or 137 renegade x.? Any advice on the difference of ride over bumps, agility, etc..? Thank you

·
Registered
290 Posts
If she can have her ride both and see what she likes better. I have rode many 137 with no pushing issues. My 15 year old daughter rode my buddies 2016 gade 1200 and she had no issues rideing quick through the corners.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
My wife has had 2-120 sleds since 2008 and I only run renegades she finds them too long. I'm looking now for her and Were going with a 129.
I rode a 129 it feels more like a 120 than a 137

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
So I was faced with the same dilemma. Bought a new sled and was thinking a Blizzard for the shorter track for turning but she really liked the enduro. I ended up getting the enduro and I feel it was the right way to go. Ultimately she is not going to turn as aggressive as I do so really it's about her being more comfortable riding and the 137 (and air ride suspension of the enduro) gives her that. So ultimately I feel like you should go with what's more important a plush ride or better cornering.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Go for the 137".... It's so close between a 129" and 137", go for the few extra inches. I think it works out to about 2 extra lugs on the concrete floor for the 137, it's like 3-4" more contact.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I had a 121 until this winter. Got a 12 freeride 137. I always thought they were so long, but after riding it a year, I'll never own anything shorter. Great on and off trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
My wife came off a 129 cat, and now on a 16' gade. She loves it. no complaints of pushing. And I feel the same way. There is also another girl we ride with that bought a new 16' 129 X package. And regrets not getting another 137. I prefer the gade over my 129 cats. But I cant really speak for the 129 Doo. But I can tell you neither of my gades push at all. Very, very happy with the ride and handling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my girlfriend was riding a RS and bought a renegade X earlier this winter and she likes it much better than the RS. she said she will never go back to the shorty :laugh_old:

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I went from a 121"; which I still have, to a 137". I have never ridden a 129". The push in trails is there, but I don't feel it's drastic at all. In your case, I'd choose the 137"- the ride over bumps will be better, better in deeper snow, and the corner push isn't as bad as some will have you think.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went from an 05 cat f7sp 128 to a 14 gade 800 137. Go with the 137 in my opinion. I love mine. No pushing in corners at all. Rode with no studs without pushing but did t like the no traction. Installed studs and 8in main carbides wifh the 4in outers and itbrides awesome. Literally can lut 300 miles on it and my back feels better after the ride then befor I got on the sled. Makes me want to ride it another 300miles right away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts