Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2022 backcountry 600efi
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the led bulb replacement thread it had me wondering about doo`s new LED headlight set up on the gen5. I saw that on low beam only one of the 2 lights work so does that create enough light that it is brighter than a pair of incondesant bulbs?

· Registered
979 Posts
After reading the led bulb replacement thread it had me wondering about doo`s new LED headlight set up on the gen5. I saw that on low beam only one of the 2 lights work so does that create enough light that it is brighter than a pair of incondesant bulbs?
i believe the one light deal is only on the mountain sleds. not sure what model your referring to. But I am also curious to hear some real world feedback.

· Registered
2023 Turbo R Freeride 165
569 Posts
I’d have to think that the one bulb for dim is as bright as the two on the G4’s or else why do it? Otherwise it’s just something else for people to complain about.
in terms of just having one headlight for dim, I don’t know the design decision behind that but it’s been common on motorcycles for years.

· Registered
1,238 Posts
I believe it when I see it!
Right. I have a G5 in my trailer at the moment, no idea how good the lights are. I do know I’m not spending another $300 or whatever on extra lights though. I’m hoping they are good enough. I don’t ride nights that much anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
121 Posts
Right. I have a G5 in my trailer at the moment, no idea how good the lights are. I do know I’m not spending another $300 or whatever on extra lights though. I’m hoping they are good enough. I don’t ride nights that much anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I pick mine up Monday so I’ll try it out.
Anyone else test the new lights??

· Registered
539 Posts
Yep saw them on at dealer. Trail sleds 2 bulbs in low beam all 4 come on for high beam. This is similar to my Harley’s setup which works very well. From looking at them I don’t think I’ll need to add more lights like on the g4
Sounds like a fairly easy thing to replicate. Wonder if it's worth any improvement on a G4?

Greatly reduced current draw of LEDs is probably what allows this. But with the aftermarket most of the LEDs have some form of driver circuit or rectifier. Would the driver circuit be able to handle double duty without any issues?

· Registered
2022 Mach Z, 2022 MXZ TNT 850 & 2023 MXZ Blizzard 850
540 Posts
Haven’t pulled my sled out of the trailer but took a couple quick photos. The stock lights are great and probably all I will ever need. No regrets about the extra high beams though as I typically finish my rides after sunset with a few kms across an unmarked lake. The more light the better for that stretch.
Automotive lighting Breastplate Hood Automotive tire Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Registered
2023 Skidoo MXZ Blizzard 850
390 Posts
Haven’t pulled my sled out of the trailer but took a couple quick photos. The stock lights are great and probably all I will ever need. No regrets about the extra high beams though as I typically finish my rides after sunset with a few kms across an unmarked lake. The more light the better for that stretch.
View attachment 2010953 View attachment 2010954
I just finalized my accessories for picking up my sled next week, and also added the Aux hi-beams. After seeing your pics, I also appreciate the way they are nicely integrated into the hood. It came down to wanting extra light further down the trail during those conditions when it matters most.

· Registered
2022 Mach Z, 2022 MXZ TNT 850 & 2023 MXZ Blizzard 850
540 Posts
I just finalized my accessories for picking up my sled next week, and also added the Aux hi-beams. After seeing your pics, I also appreciate the way they are nicely integrated into the hood. It came down to wanting extra light further down the trail during those conditions when it matters most.
It is going to be a sick amount of light. I don’t expect either of us will be disappointed.

· Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
4,078 Posts
i believe the one light deal is only on the mountain sleds. not sure what model your referring to. But I am also curious to hear some real world feedback.
Not sure if on all sleds but the one I saw that on was a mountain sled
ya its just the mountain segment.
You are correct on that about the mountain sleds.
Been living & riding here in Colorado for the past 40 years... no one rides after dark in the mountains, so no need for LED's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts