Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are current Rev XS Linq system accessories going to fit on the new Gen4Rev platform? The sled body width has been narrowed by 4", but what about the tunnel where the Linq attachments go? It's bad enough that I won't be able to move my LEDs from my current XS sled to the Gen4, what about my other accessories, specifically windshields and Linq accessories. I don't have one, but what about people who purchased the 1 up seat for the XS platform? Will it fit? I don't think so! The Gen4Rev platform looks very intriguing, and I can't wait to see it at my local Ski-Doo show, but from what I'm reading, it looks likel I have to dump all my current pricey accessories from my 2016 MXZ X and my husband will have to do the same for his 2015 Renny X sled when we purchase our next sleds that will likely be Gen4Revs. This loss of recycling pricey accessories really has me bummed out! Am I reading the specs correctly, and will all my XS accessories not fit the Gen4Rev platform?
Not cool Ski-Doo. At least come out with a Linq accessory modification kit to let me continue using my XS Linq accessories on the Gen4Rev.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks summitx411. I'm really happy to hear that the Linq accessories will still fit. That's great news for us!

·
Registered
110 Posts
All linq will fit
any electrical will not bc gen4 uses different style connectors
1+1 seat the backrest is the same but will need new linq brackets due to beveled tunnel and new main seat but backrest is the same so u can save some money there over the whole seat kit

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. When reading about the specs of the Gen4 and that certain accessories will only work with the Gen4 platform, I became concerned that my XS accessories wouldn't fit. Next year is not a new sled year for us, so we'll get a chance to see how the 850 e-tec performs, and what people think of the new platform before we trade in our current sleds. We don't have the 1 + 1 seat, I was just thinking of people who spent a small fortune on an accessory that the new platform might make obsolete. It' still a bummer that my LEDs, and windshields won't be compatible with the new platform as we have several XS windshields, but if I had to choose between a windshield and linq accessories I'd pick the linq.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I can't complain, I have one of those 2 piece 1+1 seats with the base. It's been on my 09, 11, 14 and now my 15. I guess I got my money's worth and I could probably still get 400 bucks for it.. that's canadian. So 50 bucks US..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts