Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone this week on Facebook who has done many windshield mods. They're taking the ultra high that is for the XS chassis and making it fit on a G4 bracket and on the sled itself. I will find my picture to show you all.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone done this before? Can someone help me with some instructions or guidance? This windshield is so much better than the ultra high offering that BRP has at the moment for the G4. I definitely don't like the bubble on mid hood and the absence of a lip at the top makes this a hateful accessory in my mind.

Looking for picture....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I found a picture however I’m a total rookie on DooTalk. How do I post it here? Lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too have been disappointed with the extra large windshield options on the gen 4. Last year I rode both an Enduro and a Grand Touring with the highest windshields offered. The 2019 xtra large windshields seemed to be tilted/angled too flat. I made a custom windshield by bolting a Grand touring windshield to an adjustable windshield to get the most aggressive windshield possible and I was still unhappy. I now have a 2020 gen 4 Grand touring and the windshield looks similar to the 2019 but much "straighter up". Much like the Arctic Cat shields I see on their literature, aka "straighter up". Much unlike a dog I hate my nose being into the wind. The higher the better for me.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I too have been disappointed with the extra large windshield options on the gen 4. Last year I rode both an Enduro and a Grand Touring with the highest windshields offered. The 2019 xtra large windshields seemed to be tilted/angled too flat. I made a custom windshield by bolting a Grand touring windshield to an adjustable windshield to get the most aggressive windshield possible and I was still unhappy. I now have a 2020 gen 4 Grand touring and the windshield looks similar to the 2019 but much "straighter up". Much like the Arctic Cat shields I see on their literature, aka "straighter up". Much unlike a dog I hate my nose being into the wind. The higher the better for me.
A high windshield substantially cuts the wind noise in your helmet. If the wind stream goes over your helmet you can also ride with your face shield up.

Reactions: Edwina

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A high windshield substantially cuts the wind noise in your helmet. If the wind stream goes over your helmet you can also ride with your face shield up.
For sure you can, even in crazy cold conditions. I my mind there's nothing more disappointment than planning a trip and then having to stay inside because of a low windshield.

Am I being led to believe that BRP has made a different style of windshield this season? Because the funny thing is, I see "LARGE" type of G4 windshields this year that are definitely different, not moulded like the GT windshields from last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts