Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
TnT no better. Seat concepts allegedly coming out with higher G4 seat which us old daddy longlegs need to reduce knee pain. Are you listening BRP ? The problem with the seat is that it's too low, and sloped forward.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My xs x, xp x and so on seemed just right for the old butt. Really this newer trend of x seats are not so good. As stated sliding forward and banging my knees spirited ridding, it's just not wide or tall enough in the front. There not dirt bikes...but I don't wear a mx helmet n goggles either. I like the chassis though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m having the same “issue” with my seat. Keep sliding forward and knees are up against the plastic. Thought about going with the comfort seat but there not cheap

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've a Comfort seat to trade straight across for an all black narrow body Renegade seat. Locally. See Classifieds section under my username, for pic and info. <80 miles on seat.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes I have swapped seats back and forth from g4 turbo to g4 narrow. It's easy just have to find one you like and get the battery cover for the wide seat. I would recommend getting a seat from as low mile machine as possible or a new one. The older seats seem to lose their firmness over a few years and your butt sags in more. My favorite seats so far are the 19-20 Xrs seats, wide or narrow. They just seem be firmer and sit you up higher.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
"comfort " seat is only slightly wider, no higher. my '12 X was much more comfy than the gen4. bet that doo lowered the gen4 seat height due to some handling issues we've all noticed. lower cg at the expense of comfort. hey doo, now that you've allegedly solved the handling issues with new front and rear suspensions, give us a higher seat please !

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"comfort " seat is only slightly wider, no higher. my '12 X was much more comfy than the gen4. bet that doo lowered the gen4 seat height due to some handling issues we've all noticed. lower cg at the expense of comfort. hey doo, now that you've allegedly solved the handling issues with new front and rear suspensions, give us a higher seat please !
So I should also add the knee pads too....! Damm doo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
906 Posts
I personally do not like the "trail performance" seat. It feels like sitting on a water balloon. It's way too spongy and soft for my carcass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts