Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled is at my cabin up north and is due for engine and chain case oil change. I have changed oil in my xs chassis 900 sleds but have not done a gen4 yet. Is it basically the same? Just want to know what tools to take with me when I go up. Thanks.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,820 Posts
My sled is at my cabin up north and is due for engine and chain case oil change. I have changed oil in my xs chassis 900 sleds but have not done a gen4 yet. Is it basically the same? Just want to know what tools to take with me when I go up. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I think the chain case plug is a 3/16 Allen.

1/4" metric socket set, ratchet, extension and your torx bits should do it. Locktite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What bolts are u using locktite on? I've never used it for a oil change and now the chaincase has a drain plug..just asking is all

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mechanical reverse linkage when I remove the chain case cover.

I like to remove the cover and clean out the crud, especially on break-in.

Foot pegs get a dab too.

I think one of the "through the case" bolts had scotch lock on it too.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not sure if this has been discussed but I noticed in the video it's mentioned chain case fill capacity is 350ml. When I drained out the factory fill from the 2020 900T I got 500ml. I quick check to the manual states 500ml capacity. I know on my 850's they take the 350ml. Is there a reason we would be putting in 350ml instead of 500ml in the 4 strokes ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting that in the chaincase video, he didn't remove the fill level plug on the side of the chaincase and just went by volume. Assuming it's a 4-stroke, it's under filled. Will it matter? Probably not, but why not do it right.

When I changed mine this spring the little bottle the dealer sold me wasn't enough to fill it completely. Luckily I had some left over Polaris chaincase oil to complete the fill. Yes I mixed BRP and Polaris oil. It's probably going to explode.

·
Registered
119 Posts
BTW on mine both the fill & drain plugs were tighter than sh*t from the factory. Make sure you have the wrench fully seated in the head, you don't want to strip it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts