Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i ride an 2002 500 summit and tonight i went for a little ride in my field jumped the smallest jump and it sounded like i stuck a sticl in a bile spoke and i checked my gears ya lost about 10 from the top so now i have to replace them does anyone knwo how much they will cost The top one is 45 and the bottom is 22 so if u can help me or get me a good price on them pleaase do

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no thats not the price thats the teeth. But i was figuring that they wpuld be about 20-30 $ for each also do u figure if i put MXZX gears in it it would go faster

·
Registered
461 Posts
exactly what i was gonna say. expect to pay 1$ per tooth. and are you sure that the large gear is on top? on all doo sleds iv seen the top gear is the smaller one. now the cat F6 is a different story. they have the engine laid back & the smaller one is on the bottom.

and no MXZ gears wont necessarily go faster. what determines faster is the ratio between the grear. you have to figure out what you want with this though. do you want awsome exceleration at the expense of top speed, or do you wanna get to a higher top speed, but take forever to get there? i say find a happy medium. my 98 FZ670 has a 43 bottom & a 26 top. was thinking of dropping 1 or 2 up top to gain off the line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well i took it aprt yesterday and then found that it was the top gear that was missing teath. it was saposed to have 17 and it has 8 left. called my dealer and he said that it was ganna be 120$ for that one gear. But i went on the web and found some of the same that were only 45 for top and bottom so now i gatta figure out what to do

·
Registered
461 Posts
you can get these from any motorsport shop. it doesnt have to be a doo hsop. aftermarket companies make gears & chains. all you need to do is tell them what sled you have & they can look it up for you. or because you have it apart already you can count the teeth on top & bottom, count the chain links nad plates and tell them that along with the make of sled & they will order them up for you. thats what i did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all u really need is the top gear but i fell it would be better to replace the hole thing. it shouldnt be that bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts