Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped open the chaincase on my 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT with 1.75" track last night and found out it has 23/43 gearing... I have a Cudney-clutch kit laying around and I think a 1.869 ratio is a little low concidering the track size. Think I'll try 22/44 gearing giving me a solid 2 ratio. What do you guys think of that???
 

·
Ski-Dooer
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
hope thats not true in all cases.

i got a 21 and a 22 to play with. hoping for better low end results.

one quick question, when and how often should gear oil be changed? especially when switching back and forth between gears.

Also what gear oil should be used? Bombarier or is there an alternative
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well mine have 23/43 with the 1.75 track... Do you think my cudney kit will work with 22/44 gearing?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,818 Posts
w/1.75" track regear to 22/44 or 21/43 MANDATORY...the 23/43 is for 1.25" track sleds....why you have 23/43 is beyond me????- BTW the lower gearing will help Bill's CC out...not hurt it-BJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIG JOHN said:
w/1.75" track regear to 22/44 or 21/43 MANDATORY...the 23/43 is for 1.25" track sleds....why you have 23/43 is beyond me????- BTW the lower gearing will help Bill's CC out...not hurt it-BJ
[snapback]271735[/snapback]​
Ok, thanks BJ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
wantsnow said:
I popped open the chaincase on my 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT with 1.75" track last night and found out it has 23/43 gearing... I have a Cudney-clutch kit laying around and I think a 1.869 ratio is a little low concidering the track size. Think I'll try 22/44 gearing giving me a solid 2 ratio. What do you guys think of that???
[snapback]267798[/snapback]​
Is good news!!!

How is it possible 23/43...when everybody said before 21/43....
...

Some else must check as well....

I have 21 and 45 gears at home....if 23/43 is the case then I will re-gear as well...

Someone cheak and report here pls!!! So I go 21/45 with
same chain...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ded moroz said:
wantsnow said:
I popped open the chaincase on my 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT with 1.75" track last night and found out it has 23/43 gearing... I have a Cudney-clutch kit laying around and I think a 1.869 ratio is a little low concidering the track size. Think I'll try 22/44 gearing giving me a solid 2 ratio. What do you guys think of that???
[snapback]267798[/snapback]​
Is good news!!!

How is it possible 23/43...when everybody said before 21/43....
...

Some else must check as well....

I have 21 and 45 gears at home....if 23/43 is the case then I will re-gear as well...

Someone cheak and report here pls!!! So I go 21/45 with
same chain...
[snapback]271802[/snapback]​
The reason I popped open my chaincase was because I was getting so many diffrent answers regarding what gearing I have, so I found it best to check it out for myself... And there it was, 23/43 on a 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT with a 1.75 track. I'm gonna try 22/44 when I recieve my new gears.
I'll also try my Cudney clutch-kit then...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
wantsnow said:
ded moroz said:
wantsnow said:
I popped open the chaincase on my 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT with 1.75" track last night and found out it has 23/43 gearing... I have a Cudney-clutch kit laying around and I think a 1.869 ratio is a little low concidering the track size. Think I'll try 22/44 gearing giving me a solid 2 ratio. What do you guys think of that???
[snapback]267798[/snapback]​
Is good news!!!

How is it possible 23/43...when everybody said before 21/43....
...

Some else must check as well....

I have 21 and 45 gears at home....if 23/43 is the case then I will re-gear as well...

Someone cheak and report here pls!!! So I go 21/45 with
same chain...
[snapback]271802[/snapback]​
The reason I popped open my chaincase was because I was getting so many diffrent answers regarding what gearing I have, so I found it best to check it out for myself... And there it was, 23/43 on a 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT with a 1.75 track. I'm gonna try 22/44 when I recieve my new gears.
I'll also try my Cudney clutch-kit then...
[snapback]271808[/snapback]​
First try without Cydney Kit and tell us if any difference....OK...Top Speed and acceleration...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried 22/44, acceleration is slightly better and top speed is the same... Havent touched the clutches yet cause !'m concidering going for 21/44 before I try my Cudney-kit... Any opinions on that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
wantsnow said:
Well mine have 23/43 with the 1.75 track... Do you think my cudney kit will work with 22/44 gearing?
[snapback]270063[/snapback]​
Not sure about the 1.75 track but I have the 1.25 and Bill is telling me to actually go up in gearing.... I have 23/43 and am going to try 25/43 nad see if I can drive the clutch to full shift. Right now I am driving to full shift like NOW!!!! 0-90 is unreal! I have yet to be beaten my anything in 500ft this includes the Machs! But then there just isnt much top end and bye they go. I will let you all know how this works out. I will be doing it this weekend and finally riding again, after a computer meltdown, next weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, but I'm not really interested in that much top speed... As long as I don't loos to much compared to stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Hey, I am not sure about your snow conditions, but here in AK we have been blowing belts like they are going out of style with the stock 23/43 gearing with the 1.25 track. Their has been lots of testing with different gearing and clutching and they feel that dropping to a 19 tooth top and raising to a 45 tooth bottom and change the helix, the sled won't blow as many belts and that it pulls hard all the way through. So far i have dropped to a 21 tooth top gear and nothing has beat me on the trail yet including the 900 fusion. i would watch out on gearing up!!! Maybe this will help you out some.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top