Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 formula deluxe 700. My bottom gear (44tooth) is cooked. It is not the front slider gear, but the one behind that. This sled comes stock with electric start and reverse. Can you tell me if a 44 tooth off a similiar year mxz non-reverse will fit? Or am I looking at buying a gear only for my sled? Opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
According to Ski-Doo;

Your bottom gear(44) part # = 504084400
MX Z 700 bottom gear(43) part # = 504148500

When you see the microfiche pics of them, there definitely not the same.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, With reverse it looks like I have to find that gear specifically. Anybody have any suggestions were to get one? Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
e-bay or put a post in the classifieds. someone is always parting a sled out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a new one from the dealer. I guess I should probably figure out why it did it in the first place. This sled even though it is a 2000 only has approx 240 miles on it. The only thing I did done there this year was change the chain case oil and adjust the tensoner. Maybe to tight? Anybody seen this before? Or maybe it was a defect from the factory?

·
Registered
244 Posts
240 miles an your gear is shot? somethings is definately wrong. tensin would have to be way tight to waste a gear in 240 miles. when you reinstall, tighten the tensioner as tight as you can BY HAND, then back it off until you can get the cotter pin in.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upon close examination it looks like the needle bearing went. When that went it took the gear with it. Got pieces of metal everwhere. Spraying everything down good with parts cleaner. I will be putting this back together in the next couple of days and will let you guys know how I make out. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts