Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! I have a 2009 800r and I have it clutched, cudney head, v force reeds, bondi air box, cudney y pipe, tower brace, silencer( for weight reduction), 1 1/4 ripsaw with 126 studs and stock gearing 27/45. Sled pulls good out of the hole but flat lines at 90 mph. With the set up I have is that all I can expect or is there something else I have to do?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you looking for more top end? Or out of the hole? I went from a 27/45 to a 25/45 and lost a bunch top end, but low end and mid speed it pulls like no other lol
So run a 25/45 for better low/mid
Or keep it stock for running faster at top end.. You could gear up, do you really need to go 110?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed a difference when I put the 1 1/4 ripsaw track on it. It does pull like crazy out of the hole. I was wondering if I did go to a 28 tooth on the top if it would give me a little more top end without loosing a lot out of the hole. Do you think with all of the add ins I have it would handle the 28 tooth?

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
what belt and how many miles on it?

clutch faces clean?

who's clutch kit and how many miles? sec spring could be sacked.

what's your RPM's?

should see 110 on dream meter easy

Reactions: stealth bomber

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brand new brp belt 2 days ago. Sled has 6000 miles and just put new crank etc. into it this year. Rpms around 8500 or more. Faces of clutches were dirty because I shredded a belt just before I put the new one on. My buddy races and did the clutches for me about 4 years ago and when he clutched it it really woke the sled up. It would run 105 -110. Now I just can't seem to get there. Would going from a 1 inch track to 1 1/4 slow it down that much? That is when I really noticed the difference

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
For one thing, you're over revving. A 1/4" of track isn't going to make a 15-20 mph loss. My stock 800R has no problem with 112 on the speedo or about 106 on radar before it has a wall. Trying a different setup this year, hoping for a bit more. Gearing it up isn't the answer, I think something is wrong with your clutching.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
did you wash/scrub the new belt?

break in new belt?

4 years on clutching, how many miles?

new sec spring!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My clutches were really dirty after I blew the belt. I was on the trails in Canada so I couldn't clean them. Do you think it was getting hung up? Later in the day after I changed the belt my buddies raced at cabanon and there was an 800 ho stock with 1.5 inch track and a 700 2003 stock and I only beat them by about four sled lengths. Also I could smell burning belt through out the day from all of the rubber in the clutches. I am going to clean them this week so they will be back to normal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the clutched being dirty could make a difference, but also what condition is your clutch in does it have grooves in it have you checked out all the ramps, the shieve bushing, the slider shoes? All of these parts could be worn out. Last year my 08 800r primary clutch was worn down bad. I could only hit 85mph on speedo. Once I rebuilt the clutch I got 115 on speedo so maybe 105 on radar. this was with everything stock except I had 26/45 gearing instead of the stock 27 on top and I was running a 1.6 Ice cobra track on it.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
You are over revving it. 8500 is too much. You want to be down around 8000. It's probably backing out timing reducing HP from the rpm's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just put a clutch kit in it last year befor the season. The clutch does have some wear grooves in it, I am a neat freak so anything looks worn dirty etc. I clean it or replace it. I will clean the clutches and see were it stands. I see a lot of guys are dropping the small gear to 25 and still getting 100 or more out of their sled. If I clean the clutches and the Rpms are around 8000 should I drop to a 25 also?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
From the rpm your turning I would add some pin weight to lower the rpm down. 8100 is your target. Dropping to a 25 will increase the low end but loose top end. That's up to you. Once the clutch is dialed in then decide if you still want to go to a 25.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Any time you are struggling with a problem/ deficiency relating to power or transmission, go back to stock and test from there. I would bet your clutches need some TLC. Rebuild primary, new rollers secondary. New springs! Now you can test if it is motor(raves, compression, jetting, etc) or clutching. Make sure your are good at skid too, alignment bearings etc. My '09 still gives me smiles when I have carb slides way up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts