Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from the stock 22 to a 21 tooth top gear.

I put on a light weight Team secondary with a red DrBlue Spring and the 58/44 helix.

I added 17.5 grams to the primary.

Since there is no snow here I am unable to test. Since Snow season is short I don't want to spend the few possible days it does snow dorking around.

Anyone think I can improve on this set up? Should I gear lower yet like a 20tooth? I don't need to go 100 miles an hour I just want 0-80 as fast as possible. Oh yeah I am not going to stud so keep that in mind for hook up purposes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
SD440zx said:
I went from the stock 22 to a 21 tooth top gear.

I put on a light weight Team secondary with a red DrBlue Spring and the 58/44 helix.

I added 17.5 grams to the primary.

Since there is no snow here I am unable to test. Since Snow season is short I don't want to spend the few possible days it does snow dorking around.

Anyone think I can improve on this set up? Should I gear lower yet like a 20tooth? I don't need to go 100 miles an hour I just want 0-80 as fast as possible. Oh yeah I am not going to stud so keep that in mind for hook up purposes.

Thanks

[snapback]269097[/snapback]​
Close, Team the good choice, however try a straight 44 degree, same spring, I used a 45 on the bottom gear rougly the same ratio as yours, however my chain doesn't have anymore than 1/2 " deflection at the tensioner, not bending the chain as much, I put 18.3 gm pins and a 200/230 primary spring, left the clicker at 4 for now. Love the change.
I have a 54/44 and 44 straight helix that I use never tried the 54/44 because the 44 seemed to work so good. I had this same setup in my 04SDI gade, played with it all year to get to this point, now just put it on my 05 after breakin, a good side it's better on fuel also, with slight overreving when held down, I'll be tweeking that soon. love the sled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts