Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if any of you guys tried gearing down the mach. We run 800feet around here and i geared my 06 down, not sure if its hurting me or not....we run on snow, no studs
...so i find its hard to hook up against smaller hp sleds. unless im in alot of snow at the start.then it hauls, just want a few oppinions on this......thanks guys.

·
boost junkie
10,665 Posts
I know the glades are geared down and I beat the one I raced 1000+ ft

Seems to me 800ft would be long enough for stock gear

Since you geared down you need a 1.5" track cant hurt with no studs

where I live no studs is a joke

I think clutching is more important than gearing

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
That's quite a disadvantage for the Mach,1.5 " track will help for sure,mine bites pritty good,or if you really want to go wild,9 tooth drivers,1.75" track,27/49 gearing,only good for 109 indicated,but in a short drag on snow,hang on.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
squish band said:
another
[snapback]724068[/snapback]​
looks good,but if i did that no one would race with me
....ha ha. i have a 1.5 ripsaw on it now
....oh well.thanks guys

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joker said:
Are you going to be racing in Stevenville.
[snapback]724355[/snapback]​
yes Joker, are you comming this way this year.Marble maby..we will have to meet,share mach stories,ha ha ha

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I will be at marble but would like to get a run in stevenville to try the sleds out.I was in stevenville last march with my 800p/s and did pretty good.I would like to try the new mach out also.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was gona race my skidoo at marble in 800 stock duno what I would do like I raced 3 F7's now and beat all them one feller with the f7 he took a fusion and new 800 renegade powertech in 1000 feet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts