Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Please bare with me... I'm new to Doo but not completely stupid. That remains to be seen I'm sure

I bought a gas gauge ( dash mount white ) for a MXZ , no problem same gauge as Ski-doo used on many sleds.
My question ( s ) ..
Can I use about any sending tank unit for this ?? Since most are 10.6 gal. or whatever .
AND.. what about the wiring harness?? Is it in place and all I have to do is plug it in?
OR... am I better off to drop the ca$h and buy a kit from the dealer?

I guess I'll ask now too..
I have read the write up on the temp gauge install. Nice!! Thanks alot that has sent me in this direction ( gauges )
But if I have a temp gauge ( factory also ) and I order the correct sending unit, are all the wires there too?? Or again should I bite the bullet and drop the money???
Thanks in advance for ANY words of wisdom

Pat
OH !!! One MORE question..what is the biggest track ( lug ) I can run without mods to my sled??

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
TTT
Nobody has any advice ???

Buy a cat??

·
Registered
677 Posts
THE WIRING IS ALL IN PLACE FOR THE GUAGES, INSTALL AND PLUG IN.
YOU NEED TO USE THE SENDING UNIT FOR THAT TANK FOR THE GUAGE TO WORK PROPERLY, I WOULD SEE IF YOU CAN FIND A USED TANK THAT HAS SENDING UNIT IN ALREADY, AND YOU CAN SAFELY GO TO A 1.25-1.5" LUG TRACK HOWEVER, I WOULD RECOMEND A 1.25", IT WILL SUIT YOU JUST FINE FOR MOST CONDITIONS. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Patmann said:
TTT
Nobody has any advice ???

Buy a cat??

[snapback]729370[/snapback]​
I CANT HELP YOU WITH THE GAS GAUGE , BUT I CAN WITH THE TEMP ! I JUST PUT ONE ONE MY 98MXZ 670 *PM* ME AND ILL HELP.. MONEYPIT

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
WOW !!! Thanks guys !!!! I was starting to think it was my breath as to why I hadn't gotten an answer

Or was it the "cat" comment ??

I'll be asking more questions I'm sure. And hopefully adding to this great forum
I know old John Deere Liquifires ( dare I say that ? ) like the back of my hand as I have two 1978's, a 340 Cross Country race sled and a 440.
And if anyone needs to know anything about Kawasaki Z1 900's ASK !! I'm your man.
Again, thanks a ton !!!!
Pray for snow, Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts