Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a gas tank from a 72 440 TNT will fit into a 72 640 TNT frame. The guy I bought it from sent the wrong tank. Instead of going through the hassle of returning it , maybe it will fit. P.S. The TNT has a signle carb so I'm not worried about the fuel Lines.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
slucius said:
Does anybody know if a gas tank from a 72 440 TNT will fit into a 72 640 TNT frame. The guy I bought it from sent the wrong tank. Instead of going through the hassle of returning it , maybe it will fit. P.S. The TNT has a signle carb so I'm not worried about the fuel Lines.

Thanks for your help
[snapback]696235[/snapback]​
I dont think she will fit,they have a different shape and she is narrower also.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
The 72 TNT 440 has a 15" track thus making it a narrower bodied chassis compared to the 72 TNT 640 which had a 18" track. The gas tank on the 440 is the same as the 72 TNT 292 and TNT 340. The 72 TNT 640 and TNT 775 has a different tank. I'll have to go along with HiOctane and say that it might but are differant. You also have to consider securing it down also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys I have to say the tank went right in. I had to take off the cowl mounting brackets, but after that, it slide in with about 1.5 in clearance on each side. I know this isn't perfect, but it does work and looks pretty good.It's not a show quality resto move, but it works for me. Thanks to everyone who responded. My next challange is a 1974 400FA with a 440FA engine I just picked up yesterday. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.