Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
Crazydoo2 said:
what is everyone ranging around and getting on there 800 powerteks. what should i be getting.
[snapback]744865[/snapback]​
Best I have got was just under 15 MPG (Canadian gallon)

Worst was just under 12 MPG But that was towing My youngest in the Sno-Coach
while our 6 year old was driving her Mini Z so cant really count that trip.

I would say on average around 13 to 14

Friend has one and he gets better, around 18 MPG

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
Revking said:
you can get 130 miles to a tank of fuel!!
tank holds 10 gallons or 40 litres
[snapback]744894[/snapback]​
That would be right around the 13 to 14 MPG Canadian

·
Registered
168 Posts
Crazydoo2 said:
what is everyone ranging around and getting on there 800 powerteks. what should i be getting.
[snapback]744865[/snapback]​
I can hardly average 12 mpg while my buddies 06 600SDI gets 18mpg under the same conditions. The price you pay to play I guess!

Over all I'm not that impressed with my 06 800 vs. my buddies 06 600SDI The power Isn't that much different - at least not for the extra money and lesser fuel milage and the 800's are oil pigs vs. the 600's. I have 1700miles on my 800 and I'm on my 5th gallon of oil - the dealer says that the fuel pump is in speck. Oh buy the way I'm on my second total motor - the first one made 1200 miles and seized broke the connecting rod the crank and the block.
BRP covered I all so I guess thats O.K. I'll stop rambling on

·
Registered
624 Posts
You guys are pretty low! Our Powertech consistantly gets around 16 and 17 mpg. Not ridden real hard, but the economy is awesome.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
HeelKlicker said:
You guys are pretty low! Our Powertech consistantly gets around 16 and 17 mpg. Not ridden real hard, but the economy is awesome.
[snapback]745817[/snapback]​
I agree. Mine is an 05 and i've got 2800 miles on it and riding easy 16mpg's, pushing it hard 13 - 14mpg's. Mine was a pig on oil until I had a bigger return spring added on the oil pump. Got it running right around 33:1 ratio now.

·
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it Snow
1,015 Posts
16 all weekend no matter how hard I pushed the fun flipper. Jay

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
just under 200km's to a tank or about 15mpg, thats not going like a raped ape but not granny driving either.

It really depends on how often you have it up on the mains, thats when shes going to chow fuel like crazy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
one the guys that i ride with has a 06 powertech and he is getting the same gas miliage as i am getting with my 06 600SDI....17 to 19 MPG

·
Registered
374 Posts
I ride pretty hard and I get on avrg of 17mpg and I did get 19mpg on a very slow trip. Not much difference on hard packed trails. In deep snow it's much worse?

It kinda scares me that these motors are running so lean. I know eventualy it will blow it's just a matter of time(600 miles). I am glad I got 2 years warr and time will tell? Besides that thought always in the back of my head all is great!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I average 15 to 16 riding hard and as Spanky said way worse in POW. I rode about 450mls hill climbing out west and got rotten fuel milage about 9mpg and my first fowled plug in 2300mls. I'm not sure if fuel mapping is different on mountain sleds or if they are jetted down or a combo of both but my plugs ran black and milage was edit for bad language". when I was full throtle and climbing my track speed was about 50mph now if I was on hard pack holding the flipper that long i'd be going 100+

·
FAQ man
3,848 Posts
Every time I have checked my mileage it has been around 14 MPG.

So I was shocked when I checked it after a quick run on the Cadillac, Mich trail system last week. 88 miles/5.3 gallons = 16.6 MPG.

What was different? Trails were SMOOOOOOOOOOTH!

Made for some easy constant speed running at about 55-60 MPH.

Jerry C.

EDIT: sorry, mine is an '05

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
MIne is an '05 also but I avergaed last year in 1900 miles about 14-15 mpg and burned 7 1/2 gallons of oil in that many miles, about a quart to 60 miles or so. This year I averaged about 15-16 mpg in 1400 miles and then it blew up, lower rod bearing on Mag side went taking out the entire motor, just got it back Friday and rode for 120 miles yesterday and got 14 mpg on break-in tank of gas, and burned over 1/2 gallon of oil, dealer turned my oil pump up more than break-in setting to make sure it stayed running good. Sucks to use that mush oil but if it means the motor will last that is a small price to pay to keep riding in my book

1 - 16 of 16 Posts