Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled my sled last night and the gas gauge says empty. Just the stock gauge on the tank. Tried to shake the sled to move it but nothing. Any suggestions would be great.

Keep the Shiny Side Up!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
jhodges said:
Filled my sled last night and the gas gauge says empty. Just the stock gauge on the tank. Tried to shake the sled to move it but nothing. Any suggestions would be great.

Keep the Shiny Side Up!!
[snapback]719717[/snapback]​
Both of my Rev's are broke to, so I punched them now they really don't work!!

If anyone can tell me why they suck so bad I would be overwheled with gas gauge glee!!

Onwer
05 600 sdi Adrenaline
05 500 ss wifes sled
Love the Rev's hate the gas gauges..

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
that means your heading east. maybe after you ride it a bit it will come around. mine hangs up when i fill it but them hit a few bumps and it goes to full.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The gas gauge on REV's are garbage. Amazing, all this incredible technology and design that went into the REV, yet after 4 years, still the same crappy gauge which resembles a magic 8 ball and is pretty much useless. My 2006 gas gauge was broken from the day I picked it up. Stuck between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. I think the Styrofoam float gets stuck on the twist rod. I popped for the electronic fuel gauge and installed it in a couple hours. Very glad I did. Either go electronic or keep watch on your mileage.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mine worked until I got my sled back from the dealer. The part that spins inside seemed like it swelled somehow. I had to remove the guage, pull the two metal rods out of the plastic and re-glue it with Seal All. It has worked so far.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Bueller67 said:
The gas gauge on REV's are garbage. Amazing, all this incredible technology and design that went into the REV, yet after 4 years, still the same crappy gauge which resembles a magic 8 ball and is pretty much useless. My 2006 gas gauge was broken from the day I picked it up. Stuck between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. I think the Styrofoam float gets stuck on the twist rod. I popped for the electronic fuel gauge and installed it in a couple hours. Very glad I did. Either go electronic or keep watch on your mileage.
[snapback]719925[/snapback]​
Couldn't agree more!!!

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
If anyone can tell me why they suck so bad I would be overwheled with gas gauge glee!!
its the shape of the tank, if you take your seat off and look at the shape you will CLEARLY understand how an accurate gauge will NEVER be possible unless they add a flow sensor-

for the stuck gauge... just pop the gauge out with a screw driver, it is only held in place with an o-ring pressure fit. your float is most likely stuck... free it and resinset the gauge...

it is MUCH better than nopthing even though it gets very inaccurate after it reads 1/2 a tank... not at all a problem on tug hill but in areas where gas is scarce I can see the need to carry some spare fuel... just to be safe-

I can live with an inaccurate gauge (never ran out of gas) and keep the tank the way it is... it works great for handling... it is one fo the few sleds than handles the SAME on a full or empty tank!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
At night after dark shine a flash light on it and shut off the light and the gauge glows for a few minutes. That is the only function it is good for. If you get off your sled in the dark you have a chance of finding the glow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Update:

My wife just informed me that her gas gauge works flawlessly, I guess that is because she has never ridden it! You know what that means don't you? That means she actually took the time to look down at it.. Geesh that scares me! (VERY NOVICE RIDER)

All I know is both my 03 and 05 were crap!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My sons 05 550 fan works better than any other I have seen. As soon as you start putting gas in it slowly goes to full. When riding it never gets stuck and slowly works its way to 1/4. My 04 and now my 06 are more like a compass.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Your compass has gone south, go for the electric gas gauge like I did I am very happy with it, it works much better than that magic 8 ball, remember due to the shape of the tank your sled must be on level ground to get a accurate read.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
There was someone around here that had the perfect solution. It was two right angle fittings and a peice of clear fuel line between them running from top to bottom of the tank, under the hood. Where ever the fuel is, is how much you got left. I think the whole thing cost about 10 bucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts