Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard rumors this weekend that Garrett had a bad get off this weekend on his dirtbike.

Did some checking today & confirmed this.

He has a long road to recovery so please keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

If on Facebook post a message on his wall to let him know we are all thinking of him!

·
MGR Motorsports
1,453 Posts
I was at the track as well riding with him. It was extremely scary. I drove by him on the ground (didnt know it was him until sunday). Saw the flight for life come and everything. It basically ended my day of riding. The jump he crashed on has claimed lots of riders. I pray he will walk again! Everyone keep him in your thoughts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Matt, you said that the jump has claimed a lot of riders; could you (or anyone else) elaborate on the jump? (was it a double? Triple? How he came off?)

Thanks,

RS_Rider

Edit:

Just found these two links from ISOC regarding Garrett's accident.

Garrett Goodwin Injured in Moto Crash

Garrett Goodwin Update

·
MGR Motorsports
1,453 Posts
here are a couple videos of the jump. Halfway threw the video you can get the feel for the jump. (even see this guy come up a foot short). garrett was about 5 feet short. When I drove him him he was basically laying int he mud on the side of the track (right in front of the water hole). The take off and landing is really tall to imagine bouncing and flipping that far to the ground. They had just lengthened this jump for before this past weekend. I believe it was 5 feet or so they lengthened it and made the landing more steep.

Is the fact you bounce off the landing lip and get shoot into the air and fall down into the valley is how this jump gets the riders.

(at 1:53 is the plateau jump - can see how this guy jumps off the landing lip into the valley, now land on that lip in 3rd tapped or low 4th and bounce the same way - OUCH)
**at 3:52 the guy clears it with lots of speed**

1 - 6 of 6 Posts