Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Dootalkers, I just mounted a nuvi 65 on my glove box extension on a 900 ace. I used the garmin usb bare power cord like Rockerdan used when mounting his. I went direct to the battery on the sled. When I plug the unit in I get a message that said The connected power cable is not compatible with traffic for this device. Traffic service is disabled. Connect the correct power cable to receive traffic service. Then the unit turns off. If I use a cigarette plugin it powers up just fine. Is this really the wrong power cord for the 65LMT.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Haven't seen one do that (shut off). Most that it should do is indicate that it can't receive traffic info (like it's doing) and then continue.

Do you have another unit that you could try with the hardwire power cord? Just to rule out that there's an issue with the power cord.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I run a Nuvi 65 off an external USB battery pack and get the same message about the cord and traffic. However once I acknowledge the message it stays on and operates perfectly (albeit with no traffic).

Not sure why yours powers off.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update to my problem, When I was trying to get my 65 to work the battery was completely dead. I did not think this would matter because it would start up fine powered off the cigarette lighter. But when powering up from the power cable on the sled it would start to power up. I would get the dim nuvi screen then it would go to the bright nuvi screen and shut off. This is when I first tried the cigarette plug in. It powered up fine and got just enough charge so that when I went back to the sled it stayed on long enough for me to see the message of incorrect power cable and then powered down again. So I decided to get some charge in the unit via the cigarette power cord and try again. After doing this I was able to accept the message that came up when plugged into the sled about the wrong power cord and the unit is working now and taking a charge off the sled.

Sorry for the long winded response and I still dont understand why it wouldnt power up on the sled with a dead battery (the sleds battery was charged). Thanks again for the help and emspilot, your response made me keep trying because I had not seen where I could accept the traffic message. Pretty sure I wont be getting to use the unit this year. Very poor snow conditions here in north central ND just like most other places.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts