Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a legend mounted on a GTX LTD? I cant seem to find a good place for mounting.

Thanks,

Shane

·
Registered
33 Posts
Northern_Newfie said:
Anyone have a legend mounted on a GTX LTD? I cant seem to find a good place for mounting.

Thanks,

Shane
[snapback]745475[/snapback]​
Got it done. Bought a handle bar mount from wak mart and used the rubbers that came with it. Mounted it on the left mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Northern_Newfie said:
Northern_Newfie said:

Thanks,

Shane
[snapback]745475[/snapback]​
Got it done. Bought a handle bar mount from wak mart and used the rubbers that came with it. Mounted it on the left mirror.
[snapback]756984[/snapback]​

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Newfie,

I'm wondering how that mount has worked out for you. I want to get the new Garmin Vista Cx and didn't know exactly where to mount it. Is there alot of vibration and cold getting to the unit? Seems like a good spot to mount if there are no problems.

I want to get the unit now, so I have time to get aquainted with it before the SNOW starts to fly!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
doo rider said:
not a GTX, but what about right in the center of the handlebars. Here is a pic of mine mounted on my GSX.
[snapback]859074[/snapback]​
How do you like the Lawrance? Do you have the color one? Which model?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just got a etrex legend cx and I love it I have purchased a ram mount as well and currently have it on my motorcycle to get started using it and I plan on mounting it using the ram mount similar to the way newdoo has his mounted. The thing with a ram mount if you can see in his picture is that you can move it to so many places its easy to move around to just about anywhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
you folks with the gps's mounted on the sled. Got a few questions.
Hoe does the cold affect it? Screen?
how long do your batteries last, or do you have it hard wired.
Thinking about the garmin rhino 530 for the wife and I, (I have a 2yr old rhino 120 that would work well with it, so I don't lose her when boondocking!!)
Anyone got any advice?
My big concern is the cold up here in AK, we try not to ride when it goes below -20, but it is possible to get stuck out in that weather, and thats when I REALLY want it to work.
Thanks for the advice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts