Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a Garmin 276cx on the G4 Glovebox Extension (GPS model). Is there a good way to lock the GPS on the mount?

Also, where do most purchase the 276cx for a decent price and which model bundle is recommended (plain/basic; automotive; navigator)? (I see some list lifetime maps others don't.)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unit comes with a mount. If not it uses the same one as the Montana. Both are lockable.
How do they lock? And by lock do you mean click/clip into place or actually lock, as a form of theft deterrence? Thanks! So far, all I have seen is they "clip" into place and don't actually "lock."

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
They have a torx set screw on top, its not gonna stop a thief, they can just rip the glove box door off but it will keep it from unclipping in the event of a rollover or hard hit.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Considering a Garmin 276cx on the G4 Glovebox Extension (GPS model). Is there a good way to lock the GPS on the mount?

Also, where do most purchase the 276cx for a decent price and which model bundle is recommended (plain/basic; automotive; navigator)? (I see some list lifetime maps others don't.)

Thanks in advance!
Are you in canada or US. Radio world had them on sale 2 weeks ago for 599 cnd. Sale is over now , they're going for 699 now. I missed sale but sales guy said they should be back on sale before Xmas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts