Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals, getting a sled for the wife. Shes new to the sport of snowmachining. We live in peters creek, and will probably ride eureka, lost lake, hatchers. I'm a powder hound and mnt climber, and will be looking for a summit 800 soon. But what about the wife? Summit 600SDI or renagade 600? there is only and inch difference in the summit and gade ski stance. I doubt she will be hill climbing with me. But she needs to be able to stay with me until the bottom of the hill so she can be my cheerleader!!! The big thing to me is comfort for her, and that she doesn't get stuck all the time!(comfort for me!!!)
so what do ya think summit or renagade???? By the way this will be my back up sled!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Summit will be better in deep snow. Gade will be better on any kind of trail. Both do OK in any situation, it's a question of emphasis. What are your priorities?

I have a Summit 600SDI and don't ride in the mountains. But we don't have any packed trails -- it's all deep snow or rough tracks where other sleds have gone. I'm very happy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dickhead said:
Summit will be better in deep snow. Gade will be better on any kind of trail. Both do OK in any situation, it's a question of emphasis. What are your priorities?

I have a Summit 600SDI and don't ride in the mountains. But we don't have any packed trails -- it's all deep snow or rough tracks where other sleds have gone. I'm very happy.
[snapback]743859[/snapback]​
FWIW, I bought a 600 summit last year to try the REV chassis. My big plan was to give the 600 to the wife and buy a '06 800 summit. However she has rode polaris for 5-6 years and the first day I let her ride the doo, she fell off 3 times in front of other people, and got embarrased. Soooo, needless to say, she is still on a polaris and I'm riding the 600 summit.
The gade may be a little more stable for yur gal. Either way, I suggest getting the sled you want and let her test drive it (in private just in case she is sensitive bout falling off in front of people). BTW, hows Peter Creek, we're thinkin of moving there or Eagle River from Anchorage?
RR

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ridgerat said:
Dickhead said:

[snapback]743859[/snapback]​
FWIW, I bought a 600 summit last year to try the REV chassis. My big plan was to give the 600 to the wife and buy a '06 800 summit. However she has rode polaris for 5-6 years and the first day I let her ride the doo, she fell off 3 times in front of other people, and got embarrased. Soooo, needless to say, she is still on a polaris and I'm riding the 600 summit.
The gade may be a little more stable for yur gal. Either way, I suggest getting the sled you want and let her test drive it (in private just in case she is sensitive bout falling off in front of people). BTW, hows Peter Creek, we're thinkin of moving there or Eagle River from Anchorage?
RR
peters Creek is great! Good size lots +/- 1 acre lots, good schools.
We both work at the airport, and it takes us on average 45 min to work. We love it. Plus I have land to build a sweet shop for all my toys!
Thanks for all the inputs!
[snapback]743871[/snapback]​

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife is not to big normal height for a woman.She was riding an Mxz this year she is on a summit 800x 144 no swaybar and a taller riser to make up for her lack of height and weight.She loves it, the narrower ski stance (3'' less than Renagade not 1")longer track that gets her around.She gets better every time we go out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts