Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z, 2022, 850 MXZ TNT & 2023 850 MXZ Blizzard
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have thoughts on the G5 Auxiliary Hi Beams and Auxiliary Wide Lights? Both are LED like the main lights. I’m leaning towards adding the Auxiliary Hi Beams but not sure about the Auxiliary Wide Lights.

·
Registered
2012 Freeride 137(Sold), 2022 XRS 900 T R(Sold), 2020 FreeRide 154, 2023 Expedition Xtreme 900 T R
3,026 Posts
Will be interesting to see if the new gen 5 lights cover alone what the Gen 4 auxiliary lights do, you can never have too much light!

2021 a friend of mine bought a sled that had the hi beam auxiliary lights, parked side by side mine did not have them and what a difference! I had FreeRide with the center auxiliary light so when I picked up a 2022 I had to shake the coins out of the upside down piggy bank for a long time to get both sets added. When you start rides at 4AM and go till 1AM in areas you have never been they are worth every penny for a gen 4. . .

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the high beam ones on my G4 and thought they were great and necessary.I'm hoping the upgraded G5 lights will negate the necessity at least for awhile.I'm not that anxious to drop more cash on an already expensive sled. I'm gonna see how they work stock first.
Part of my issue is the financial gong show we are heading into. I can’t see pricing and demand holding up much longer. Easier to put money into new sleds (and accessories) when you know their value is going to hold. I’d like to see some movement on accessory pricing from my dealer but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I use the high beam ones on my G4 and thought they were great and necessary.I'm hoping the upgraded G5 lights will negate the necessity at least for awhile.I'm not that anxious to drop more cash on an already expensive sled. I'm gonna see how they work stock first.
Well said! $400 before I put a mile on my Gen 5 is pretty steep. I'll wait and see how the stock set up is after dark.
Sidenote. I swapped the ****ty bulbs out in my 19s for the Beamtechs, What a difference! Its about time Doo removed their cranium from their rectums and put good lights on these $15-20k machines.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My rides usually end with a run across an essentially unmarked lake. Can never have too much light. Decided to add the auxiliary high beams to my G5. Haven’t done a side by side comparison yet but the G5 without the auxiliary high beams might be throwing more light then the G4 with the extra high beams. With the auxiliary high beams I expect the G5 will be in a different league than a similarly equipped G4.

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,199 Posts
G4 with LEDs in both sleds we’re a big improvement. But, buddy got the side lamps and a whole new level of F‘g bright Through the woods. The other accessory LEDone below the light is not anything near as good.

·
Registered
2012 Freeride 137(Sold), 2022 XRS 900 T R(Sold), 2020 FreeRide 154, 2023 Expedition Xtreme 900 T R
3,026 Posts
Remember the G4 single led below the main lights were for close up wider illumination. (The bright side by side are for the range)

Rectangle Water Font Art Circle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts