Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm planning to buy a new helmet as I sold my previous 3 with my sled when I sold it a couple of years ago. As I plan to rent some sleds in March to see what I like.

Anyways, I've tried on the FXR Helmet's and I like the fit on my noggin, but unsure what goggles to get to go with the helmet. I'm leaning towards the FXR Mission Sno Goggles, as I figure FXR goggles will fit an FXR helmet best. But I've never owned any FXR goggles, so that's where you guys come in. I need your honest opinion on these goggles with this helmet.

I'm leaning towards FXR becuase there is actually a FXR store about 20 minutes from my home. That would make returns and warranty claims much easier than dealing with a 3rd party dealer.

Color of the goggles are not imporatant, just want a good fitment in the opening(Minimum gap between the helmet and goggles.

My last snoX helmet was a Ski-Doo SnoX helmet and I paired that with SpyOptic Targa's. I found that worked good, but I won't bet buying a Ski-Doo helmet this time.

Needs:
-Fit well in FXR Blade Super Lite Helmet(No gap between helmet and goggles)
-Nose guard
-under $150 CND
-No fogging

Picture of helmet
blade-super-lite-helmet-blk-char-14410-1

Feel free to post a picture of your goggles on your helmet to show fitment.

Thanks Adam

·
Registered
836 Posts
How do they fit in the FXR helmet though? Do you have any direct experience with this set-up? Or what helmet do you wear, that way I can probably compare openings with the FXR.

Thanks Adam
I have an FXR helmet and I use the 509 aviators. Fit is great between the two, I stay warm when its cold out and cool when its warm out so its a great combo. Never fog up.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I like the Scott Hustle goggles and I wear them with HJC MX style helmet. I have the newest HJC helmet but can't recall the model #.

I also use the nose guard that came with goggles and quik strap to hold them. 509's are good goggles as well but the Scott's have a FIT system where you can turn a small plastic screw inside goggle frame that changes how the frame is curved to your face. So you can really adjust the goggle frame to your face for better fit and seal.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the Scott Hustle goggles and I wear them with HJC MX style helmet. I have the newest HJC helmet but can't recall the model #.

I also use the nose guard that came with goggles and quik strap to hold them. 509's are good goggles as well but the Scott's have a FIT system where you can turn a small plastic screw inside goggle frame that changes how the frame is curved to your face. So you can really adjust the goggle frame to your face for better fit and seal.
That adjustable feature looks pretty neat. Once adjusted, does it stay in place or do you have to readjust routinely?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I bought the same Blade Super Lite helmet with the Mission Goggles and I am very pleased with the combination. My only gripe is that when ordering the Mission Goggles with clear lense, they came with a single lense set up for tear off lenses. I had to order a dual clear lense after the fact as the single lense fogged up. I think the tinted lense optioned goggles come through with dual lenses, FYI. The Blade Superlite is a very well vented helmet, keep that in mind if you plan on rusing it in sub-zero temps. I use a Klim Arctic Blaclava and love this set up! Great stuff!

Reactions: Tazman1

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the same Blade Super Lite helmet with the Mission Goggles and I am very pleased with the combination. My only gripe is that when ordering the Mission Goggles with clear lense, they came with a single lense set up for tear off lenses. I had to order a dual clear lense after the fact as the single lense fogged up. I think the tinted lense optioned goggles come through with dual lenses, FYI. The Blade Superlite is a very well vented helmet, keep that in mind if you plan on rusing it in sub-zero temps. I use a Klim Arctic Blaclava and love this set up! Great stuff!
Thanks! I will be buying from my local FXR dealer/store. I will make sure I get double lens.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The mission goggles with the fxr blade superlight helmet is not a good fit. There are large air gaps in the upper corners. I like my Smith snow option, or smith snow fuel goggles. they have a good fit with the helmet.

But to my surprise my inexpensive Castle Launch goggles are my favorite with the helmet. They do not have a nose guard, but it is not needed with the ski-doo mountain balaclava.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The mission goggles with the fxr blade superlight helmet is not a good fit. There are large air gaps in the upper corners. I like my Smith snow option, or smith snow fuel goggles. they have a good fit with the helmet.
But to my surprise my inexpensive Castle Launch goggles are my favorite with the helmet. They do not have a nose guard, but it is not needed with the ski-doo mountain balaclava.
Are you wearing the same helmet I'm planning to get.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm ASSuming you are shopping at Royal?

I'm wearing last years FXR with Scott Hustles and really liking them. Get what you want, but you are very possibly going to want a second set of goggles anyways. I was looking at 509 stuff and AFX are the same as far as anybody can prove, and I feel the FXR is close enough to make me wonder as well... They are all quite compatible, but they will probably let you try them on if you go in when it's not toooo busy.

Grab good anti-fog goggles, and avoid the real cheap stuff. FWIW I have some Thors I bought for MX and they are unbearable in my Bell MX helmet. Just pinch my nose to the point it's difficult to breathe. I have had no issues at all with the 2 pairs of Scotts I have now in either my MX or Snow helmets.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm ASSuming you are shopping at Royal?

I'm wearing last years FXR with Scott Hustles and really liking them. Get what you want, but you are very possibly going to want a second set of goggles anyways. I was looking at 509 stuff and AFX are the same as far as anybody can prove, and I feel the FXR is close enough to make me wonder as well... They are all quite compatible, but they will probably let you try them on if you go in when it's not toooo busy.

Grab good anti-fog goggles, and avoid the real cheap stuff. FWIW I have some Thors I bought for MX and they are unbearable in my Bell MX helmet. Just pinch my nose to the point it's difficult to breathe. I have had no issues at all with the 2 pairs of Scotts I have now in either my MX or Snow helmets.
There is an actual FXR store in the West Edmonton Mall.

I plan to buy the helmet then figure out the goggles after. So I can test fit them in the helmet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought an fxr torque helmet and 509 sinister x5's this year. I couldn't be happier. Very good fit and the 509 goggles are the best goggles I've ever had on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
509's and Scotts seem to be front runner's.

-----------

I rrecall seeing a goggle review on YouTube where they had excess foam around them, so you could trim it to fit. Anybody know what I'm talking about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts