Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you read and digest what I'm about to write. I'm a Ski Doo man until the end. I bleed yellow. Now....

I saw a fusion on the lake this weekend. Of course all the rev's were out and they started circling each other like mad dogs until they all lined up. There were renegades, Adrenalines, MXZX all in the 800cc class. Few other tweeked out 700 and 600cc. Two or three cats joined in.

They lined up about two dozen times and started to gather quite a croud of onlookers. The Fusion blew everyone else away. Not even close. I mean "NOT EVEN CLOSE" It was scary! The Fusion only had 400 miles on it so I'm not sure it's even broke in. No mods, no picks, out of the box.

The Doo guy's were scratching there heads, making clutch adjustments, changing belts, they tried everything. It was very impressive.

I personally don't like the overall looks of the Fusion model, but it certainly outperformed everything on this day. FYI: Doo did not have a mach Z to represent itself. I'm not sure how it would have faired.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
The Rev 800 is 100cc bigger than a F7 and its not faster. cc is having less to do with it each year

·
Registered
347 Posts
You can get a lot more hp & torque from less cc,s but at the expense of reliability. 2 strokes have some issues to figure out & see what direction they want to go.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Maybe somethings in the gas up there ive been seein fusions gettin spanked in upstate NY, by out of the crate 800 H.O's by about 10 sleds in 1000ft. But everyone has a different story to tell.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
well i dont know what happened to that fusion but something is wrong. i was at radar runs on sunday and there were enough fusions there to prove that polaris missed on this sled. NONE of them could pull over 100 mph on radar, fastest was 98. all the 800's were around 105, 600 ho's were just as fast as the fusions and the mach z's were all in the 112-115 mpg range. i was laughing everytime a fusion did a pass cuz of what they were pulling, i wasnt impressed at all.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Two fusions on lake in lower MI f7s were taken them both all day my gade 827 took fusions hard was very suprised how they didnt run. All had trail studs. Hard pack and ice good hook up for trail studs. Have herd some fusions run good but these definetly did NOT.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I saw fusions getting radared at just over 100mph, I think the fastest run was 103. I've got a 2000 MXZ 700 and I ran 98 that day. I lined up with him once - he beat me but not by much...maybe you saw the only fast one they made. I wasn't to impressed - I think there were more than a few snickers and tee-hees

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aguy at work bought a Fusion, I don't know about fast but don't hit any rocks with them, ripped the whole left side right off, just opened up the bulkhead like a can opener. My MXZX has taken down many rocks and trees with no damage, well minimal damage anyways. I'll see if I can get a hold of a pic for ya.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just put in a set of Boyesen RAD Valves into my 2000 MXZ 600 (soon to be my son's ride) and my '03 Summit-X 800 H.O., both are also running MBRP Race cans, with NGK race wires & iridium plugs, 280 jets in the MXZ & 390 jets in the Summit. The clutches have been modified in both by my dealer, clicker 3 on the summit with stock gearing, clicker 4 with 20/43 gearing and an 1 3/4 track, on the MXZ. Both are scarey fast. The Boyesen RAD Valves made a very noticable improvment on throttle response and acceleration. I haven't had a chance to put my 600 up againts any comparable sleds, but my 800 can hold its own with the RT1000 Summit X, beat an'02 & an '05 Summit-X 800 H.O. in 660 or so feet. For less than a $500 US investment, you can realy wake up your machine. Some of the guys at my Skidoo dealer have taken my 800 for a rip and are impressed with how hard it pulls with just bolt on mods. It will leave without you if you're not hangin' on (lol). I haven't come across anyone with an F7 or a Fusion to race yet, but maybe soon (not to many around here, that I've seen anyway). Win or lose, I know my sleds are as fast as I need,for now and I wouldn't own another brand of sled either. I like racing 'cause its fun. Both are ultra reliable and start every time. Thanks for letting me babble, I'm guess I'm just surprised at the difference a few minor mods can make.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I raced a total of 4 FUSIONS so far (with my 800HO)....beat them all, and two were at a organized snow drag.

....and they are only 66cc's larger, not 100 and they suck the fuel pretty bad, not impressed at all.

·
Registered
799 Posts
There's a lot of talk on another forum about how disatisfied fusion owners are. Many of them are hogs out of the box, belts blowing seems to be a common problem. I know a guy thats dropped a ton of cash into his fusion this year, not to mention all the problems, he's had it radared upto 115mph, not stock but not sure what he has done. Gets beat by stock mach z's though.
The REV 800 isn't in the same class of sled, its a trail sled not a hyper sled, but it should run with the F7s better I think. My buddy's just installed a cudney clutch kit in his 03 rev 800, he's beeting our friends 05 rx1 now. he can get close to 110 all day now on the speedo. The RX1 has only hit 107 on the speedo. Love to see what they're really running.

·
Registered
254 Posts
MSGME said:
Before you read and digest what I'm about to write. I'm a Ski Doo man until the end. I bleed yellow. Now....

I saw a fusion on the lake this weekend. Of course all the rev's were out and they started circling each other like mad dogs until they all lined up. There were renegades, Adrenalines, MXZX all in the 800cc class. Few other tweeked out 700 and 600cc. Two or three cats joined in.

They lined up about two dozen times and started to gather quite a croud of onlookers. The Fusion blew everyone else away. Not even close. I mean "NOT EVEN CLOSE" It was scary! The Fusion only had 400 miles on it so I'm not sure it's even broke in. No mods, no picks, out of the box.

The Doo guy's were scratching there heads, making clutch adjustments, changing belts, they tried everything. It was very impressive.

I personally don't like the overall looks of the Fusion model, but it certainly outperformed everything on this day. FYI: Doo did not have a mach Z to represent itself. I'm not sure how it would have faired.
[snapback]309213[/snapback]​
Ya know, I wish the Fusion was scary fast. Wouldn't it be nice to buy an all American made sled that was the best in the world? We have to buy the best from Canada with Australian made motors. I have raced one Fusion with my MXZX 734. Beat him pretty good. However, it was in 8" of powder and I run a 1.375" track to his 1" track but he never caught me on top either.

·
Registered
569 Posts
kirk700 said:
MSGME said:

Ya know, I wish the Fusion was scary fast. Wouldn't it be nice to buy an all American made sled that was the best in the world? We have to buy the best from Canada with Australian made motors. I have raced one Fusion with my MXZX 734. Beat him pretty good. However, it was in 8" of powder and I run a 1.375" track to his 1" track but he never caught me on top either.
[snapback]341596[/snapback]​
Polaris sleds or atvs are assembled in the USA. They have just as many forign made parts as any other brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MSGME said:

Just got back from Quebec, 04 800 rev, smoked two fusions up there! Not only on the lake but on the trail! Did you crawl under his sled? It's easy to set one up to drag, he probably had everything unhooked! If I run mine like I like it on the trail, and then go to drag on the lake I get smoked out of the hole then pull back up on them but can't catch back up all the way! Spend ten minutes in the trailer and it'll run with any of them. Sure someone will allways beat you, but there are just as many that can't if you set it right! Speaking of not being set up right, why are these new mach z's running so slow? I've raced 8-10 of them on the lake and they can't catch me till I hit a 100 or so! Seems to me like the clutching isn't even close!

·
Mmmmm......Snow
1,159 Posts
Check your geography - Rotax motors are made in AUSTRIA which is a lonnnggg way from Australia.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts