Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2012 Summit 600 154". I currently don't have an enclosed trailer, but am looking. My current trailer has a salt shield. Worst case I'd like to put those high salt shield/ramps on the front for convenience and more protection.

I'd like to get a full cover that starts at the skis, but it seems Ski Doo stopped offering those at 2011 models.

Anybody have a good after-market full cover that trailers well? I've searched without much success. Have seen the same cover on Ebay and Amazon. I'm a little fearful that a generic cover will shred when getting pulled. So, before I pull the trigger on one of these I'd just like to hear of some other options or experiences.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Id be willing to bet the 2011 one would work for your sled. As its pretty much the exact same thing except dif colors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id be willing to bet the 2011 one would work for your sled. As its pretty much the exact same thing except dif colors.
I think the problem will be finding one. I don't think dealers typically stock these things (at least mine doesn't) becuase they can order them and basically get them overnight. And Ski Doo evidently isn't providing them for sale any more. It used to be called the Extreme cover. Now they only offer the Intense cover.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'll find you the part number for the xtreme cover. I'm sure my dealer has some for sale still

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You need the Skinz Protective Gear cover......AWESOME cover, covers skis to rear bumper and waterproof [no other cover is water proof], easy to install with only quick 3 straps. Mine has held up very well, this is my 4th season all open trailer towing.
I just bought one of these, can't wait to try it out next week. My doo cover was 10 years old and had to be patched every time I used it. Finally decided to put her down for good.

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
I just bought one of these, can't wait to try it out next week. My doo cover was 10 years old and had to be patched every time I used it. Finally decided to put her down for good.
They work well, as you know they only make two sizes.....Big and Bigger....first time you install it you'll think no way in helI this will stretch to fit over the bumper......keep pulling it'll go. After it's first use it is a little easier to pull over the bumper. Cinch the straps down pretty tight or she'll baloon out going down the highway at 85.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think the problem will be finding one. I don't think dealers typically stock these things (at least mine doesn't) becuase they can order them and basically get them overnight. And Ski Doo evidently isn't providing them for sale any more. It used to be called the Extreme cover. Now they only offer the Intense cover.
Well i havent checked into it but their could be a reason its the only one they sell. Maybe its fits all the sleds pretty good. Cause tbh i actually have the cover from my 2007 rev and it fits my xp almost perfect. And i have a buddy who uses his xp cover on his xm. So im guessinf the new cover is for the xm's but im sure it will fit a xp just fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts