Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone tell me the correct octane i should be running in my sleds (2000,2001 mxz 600) or does it matter.thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check your owner's manual. Should be 87 octane. You can run 89 or 91,
but if the motor calls for 87, you're throwing away money...........

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
don't know if it has any basis in fact, (other than high comp. heads and pistons, which of course need better gas) but with any kind of mods from stock, i feel better running 91 octane. I also buy Chevron if i can because there blend of chemicals is purportedly easier on seals and gaskets and such. My chainsaw mechanic also supports this.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The sleds in question are 87 octane sleds. You will not gain power from running a higher octane, in fact you may lose a pony or two. Unless you are running a shaved head or thinner than stock base gasket run the 87. Many times the higher octane sits in the tanks at certain stations and can actually cause you grief. JMO

·
Registered
979 Posts
H.O.Rider said:
The sleds in question are 87 octane sleds. You will not gain power from running a higher octane, in fact you may lose a pony or two. Unless you are running a shaved head or thinner than stock base gasket run the 87. Many times the higher octane sits in the tanks at certain stations and can actually cause you grief. JMO
[snapback]276574[/snapback]​
Perfect reply.

·
Registered
586 Posts
the same could be said about the 87 octane, if you get a bad batch your sled will run like crap. Spend a few more cents and put in the 89, 93 isn't necessary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts