Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Some weeks ago, i was out boondocking with my 2007 Summit 600, and when tilting almost 90 degrees to the right, the sled died. It turned out to be the fuel pump that sucked air in and couldn't pump fuel with air in it. I took the pump out of the tank and used a vacuum cleaner to suck fuel though it, and it has worked great since then! Although I had to remove the pressure regulator first since I couldn't suck anything though it.

Now to the question! If this happens again, is there any quick way to suck fuel though the pump and fix the problem? Or do I have to tow the sled home and tear half the sled down? It feels like such a simple problem, and it would be the same if you were to run the sled dry I suppose.

The small reservoir for the electric fuel pump is like a hook to the left inside the tank, which would be why it went fine when I tilted the sled to the left. Although, I find this strange. I mean, if you roll the sled over, even with the engine turned off, will you face the same problem since the small reservoir has drained?

Thankful for any thoughts/help/whatsoever!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hasn't anyone but me encountered this in the past? Any thoughts/ideas would be helpful, although I drove like 54 km today in deep pow and it seemed to work just fine...

·
Registered
494 Posts
That banana pump running out of fuel. The high pressure pump. I'm not 100% but i believe there's a low pressure pump that's supposed to fill up the cavity were the high pressure pump sits in. And if this isn't filling full of fuel than maybe your low pressure pump isn't working properly? Just throwing out ideas.

·
Premium Member
27,904 Posts
There is a overflow hole at the top of the sump (banana). Since the sump is on the left hand side it can drain into the gas tank if the sled is too far on its right side, and probably the same on the left if there is not enough gas in the tank. When that happens you can disconnect the pump two pin connector and crank the engine until the low pressure pump refills the sump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That banana pump running out of fuel. The high pressure pump. I'm not 100% but i believe there's a low pressure pump that's supposed to fill up the cavity were the high pressure pump sits in. And if this isn't filling full of fuel than maybe your low pressure pump isn't working properly? Just throwing out ideas.
The low pressure pump is working, the problem is that the high pressure pump stops working when it sucks some air in

There is a overflow hole at the top of the sump (banana). Since the sump is on the left hand side it can drain into the gas tank if the sled is too far on its right side, and probably the same on the left if there is not enough gas in the tank. When that happens you can disconnect the pump two pin connector and crank the engine until the low pressure pump refills the sump.
Yeah I discovered that, but it seems that the high pressure pump can't suck fuel in even though it's soaked if it has air in it. When I took the pump out to fix the problem, the banana reservoir was filled to the top with fuel.

·
Batman
22,775 Posts
I normally don't have my sled on it side running long enough to have an issue. Is your line from the crank to the low pressure fuel pump connected? I had an issue where mine was unhooked and couldn't feed the high pressure below half tank. I roll my sled and start it up again and never had issues. How long was it running on its side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts