Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got my sled the 81 citation and i just got a new pump and where does the vacume hose go on it would it be the no brass peice on there i mean the non brass valve? thanx in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would say it's the non-brass one because the pulse from the crankcase has to push on the diaphram which is in the center, and seeing as thats' the only one going to the center....

I'm assuming you have dual carbs and the 90* fitting is from fuel tank and the other two go to the carbs?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but it says on the non brass piece and the brass piece and the 90* one is a arrow pointing out and the other 1 is pointing in so the 1 that is pointing in would be the fuel tank i am thinking look closly and you might be able to see the arows i was just checking if the o brass peice is the vacume hose?

·
Registered
731 Posts
danmansjimmy said:
one for vaccum sould have a P near fitting 2 to carbs arrows pointing out and tank arrow pointing in
[snapback]272102[/snapback]​
the two opposite on the lower part are to the carbs. the brass one from the tank, the top alum one to the rigid puse line to the case

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oconnor marine said:
danmansjimmy said:
one for vaccum sould have a P near fitting 2 to carbs arrows pointing out and tank arrow pointing in
[snapback]272102[/snapback]​
the two opposite on the lower part are to the carbs. the brass one from the tank, the top alum one to the rigid puse line to the case
[snapback]272349[/snapback]​
but the one far away from you at the lower end and the 90* one has arows pointing out and the straight 1 pointing in for the arrow this isnt making much sense because would the ones with thebrass piece and arrows pointing out go to the carbs and the 1 pointin in from the gass tank ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
the fitting for the pulse line HAS to go to the middle, and the only one in the middle is the non brass one, opposites carbs, 90* tank.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
73elan said:
the fitting for the pulse line HAS to go to the middle, and the only one in the middle is the non brass one, opposites carbs, 90* tank.
[snapback]276173[/snapback]​
but on the 90* 1 there is a arrow pointing out i have it right here and the 90* fitting has a arrow pointing out....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
danmansjimmy said:
i looked on my 503 but its a little different. It looks like the aluminum one is pulse line and 90 degree one is to carb
[snapback]276357[/snapback]​
ok thank you thats wat i needed

·
Registered
25 Posts
I totally agree with 73elan because your crankase pulse hose has to be on the opposite side of the diaphram because you do not want fuel in your crankase.
If you look at the pump all the brass fittings are on the lower end of the pump and the other fitting is on the upper end (opposite side of the diaphram)
Brass fittings are always associated with fuel because this metal does not produce a spark when struck.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i got it in FINNALY and the non brass was the pulse and the brass 90* 1 and the one farthest away from you was to the carbs and the brass 1 closest in the pic is from the gas line..she runs great!!!

thanx for the help

kyle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts