Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question but on my dads 94 formula stx 583 he has 2 fuel pumps , and after taking carbs appart i found what looked to be paint chips in the inlet after you remove the needle and seat. my first thought were junk in gas tank , so fix by putting in line fuel filter, but then i was thinking that the paper diaphram in the fuel pump should act like one but im not sure exactly how they look inside. But those black what i though were paint chips could also be pieces of the paper diaphram of the fuel pump which i would think makes sense since last time i went outside and went to start the sled the crank was filled with gas. any thought or opinions? thx

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Sometimes when fuel pumps go bad...they leak fuel thru the impulse line and fill the base.

Maybe you can find a kit for yours or just buy a new pump.

If the sled was parked with the front end lower than the back...the fuel could have flowed thru a leaky needle and seat also.

Thats why they used to put fuel shut off valves.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya no i rulled out that it was not the carbs they both have new needle and seat , so thats why i think the fuel pumps might be the issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts