Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

fuel mileage on 06 600ho w/sdi

1K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  jslaub 
#1 ·
I am thinking about trading in my 05 600ho carb for an 06 w/sdi. i was just
wondering what people are getting for fuel; mileage on the sdi's. i get about 10-12 with my 05 which i am pretty happy with, but brp is claiming the 06's average 22. a big difference. just wondering if anyone is getting that and how do you like the sdi. is there a big difference from the carb version, and is it worth the extra $$$$. thanks for any comments on this

#2 ·
boo711 said:
wondering what people are getting for fuel; mileage on the sdi's. i get about 10-12 with my 05 which i am pretty happy with, but brp is claiming the 06's average 22. a big difference. just wondering if anyone is getting that and how do you like the sdi. is there a big difference from the carb version, and is it worth the extra $$$$. thanks for any comments on this
[snapback]701023[/snapback]​
I get 9-10 with my SDI
. But I doo have a few mods and ride real hard!!!

#3 ·
Well, my SDI (Summit 144") seems to go about twice as far on a tank as my 550F Grand Touring. That means maybe 17mpg?

Don't buy it to save money on gas (the difference in $$ doesn't amount to chit in the context of the overall cost of our sport) but the RANGE difference is really nice if you don't ride somewhere where there's as gas station every ten miles.

Would you buy a CAR with carbs? So why a sled?

#5 ·
600 SDI with girlfriend riding it 22 to 23 mpg
The one time I had to ride it with my buddies 12-14 mpg (Riding aggressive)

My 800 Powertech
15-16 mpg with girlfriend
12-14 mpg with buddies.

Bottom line, 600 SDI gets great milage when kept in the midrange. Start to push it and mpg drops off real fast.

On the other hand my 800 Powertech seems pretty consitent around 15 mpg. Which makes me happy, considering my buddy's Fusion only gets around 8 mpg!

Jeremy

#6 ·
Im very pleased with my 800s mileage. Not going balls to the wall but not granny riding either i get:

5.48km/L
13mpg (us)
15mpg (uk)

I say skip the 600 and get the 800!

#10 ·
Agressive trail 16-17mpg, all day, all conditions.

#15 ·
2 tanks ago i got 13 mpg. last tank i got 15 mpg. it depends how hard you are on flipper. I could see me getting 18-20 if i was extremely nice and didnt pin it. I cant believe guys on here that say they get 22 mpg and yet they r hard on it. IMPOSSIBLE unless I got a DUD. i even run high octane

#16 ·
It all depends on how you ride it. I have an 06 and I always ride it pretty much as fast as I can, wide open every corner, hill top, long straight trails I usually ride 90 mph +, basically all the sled can do. It gets no more than 9.5 US mpg, about 87 miles per tank, and thats when it quits running. BUT, when my wife rides it, even though she might go 70 mph on a straight trail, just the fact that she is always using a 1/3 throttle instead of full throttle, the sled gets like 18-19 US mpg. So compared to my 05 600 HO carb'd, if your always 3/4 to mostly full throttle my 06 600 sdi gets one mpg better than my 05 600 carb'd. When my wife rides the 05 600 HO carb'd, it only gets about 14, that is where the sdi gets better mileage, if you ride it just moderately hard or slow, then they are alot better than the carb'd 600's.

#20 ·
boo711 said:
16mpg is the worst I've had on real hard trial riding

21 is the best trail riding without my head up my "edit for bad language"

#21 ·
jslaub said:
boo711 said:
16mpg is the worst I've had on real hard trial riding

21 is the best trail riding without my head up my "edit for bad language"
[snapback]715306[/snapback]​
\

the best part however, is the look on my friends faces when we fill up at the gas station. they just grin & shake their heads in amazement that I only use 50% of the fuel that they consume!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.