Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 REV 800 Sport - Full gage package

My fuel gage got the "sooners"... sooner not work than work. It sometimes works fine and shows true amount of fuel other times it drops to half and sometimes goes to "E" even though I just filled it up 10 miles ago.

Anybody know where to start to look for the problem??? Nothing seems loose around the connections.... and all other gages are working fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There isn't anything wrong with your gauge, it's a design problem, I think someone wanted a compass and someone else wanted a fuel gauge.

Doo yourself a favor....reset odometer each time you get gas and use it to tell you when you need to fill up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I replaced my 03 guage with the updated one used on 04-06 rev models. They recalibrated the angles between e-1/4-1/2-3/4-f on the new guage. But my issue was that the float would stick between 1/4-3/4 either falling from full or moving up from empty. It was a pain in the rear. New guage works perfect! Only 40 dollars cdn. Do yourself a favor and replace it or go all the way with the electronic guage.

NewfieRev

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
PCBrev800 said:
There isn't anything wrong with your gauge, it's a design problem, I think someone wanted a compass and someone else wanted a fuel gauge.

Doo yourself a favor....reset odometer each time you get gas and use it to tell you when you need to fill up.
[snapback]712892[/snapback]​
LIke PCBrev said, reset you odometer after filling up and use your mileage as a guage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts