Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broken 2 front track shocks (hydraulic) off '06 GSX 550 fan. Not jumping or riding crazy just normal trail running.
Seems BRP has discovered an 'issue' with this front track shock. The upper shock mount bracket angle is wrong for the hyd shock attachment thus the top mount on the shock gets popped off like a beer cap. Top mount not large enough for the grumpy hyd shock mount.
The solution for now is that Bombi will upgrade (no charge) to the adjustable gas shock off the 600 SDI, shock will mount upside down compared to the hyd shock same as on the SDI.
Be aware however that bombi will undoubtably forget to send the proper spring stopper with the new gas shock (part # 503189912) as the spring stopper from the hyd shock won't fit the gas shock. Found out by experience sadly. Spring is the same for either shock.
A pain in the butt having these shocks break but the free upgrade to the now adjustable gas shock eases the frustration somewhat. Haven't torture tested the gas shock yet as I'm waiting for the stopper to come in.
Cheers !!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Had that happen to a rental 06 with only 700k on it last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well here is another one that is broken, and BRP is saying no up grade. this happened with less that 200 miles. My wife owns this sled and weights in at 135 or 145 all dress up, driving a groomed trail at 50. The shock let go , then tore the track. So BRp will replace the track, and put the same shock on it but not pay for the track to be studded again. Less than 200 miles, this is a POS and a waste of money as well as ruining a long wknd , of which is limited to snow conditions. So same shock to go back on, will break again, and then another wknd ruined. This is very dissapointing, and not being able to talk to customer services(sorry all our lines are busy) no sh&% they are are busy, POS POS POS . I will never buy another product from the again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
IRA said:
Broken 2 front track shocks (hydraulic) off '06 GSX 550 fan. Not jumping or riding crazy just normal trail running.
Seems BRP has discovered an 'issue' with this front track shock. The upper shock mount bracket angle is wrong for the hyd shock attachment thus the top mount on the shock gets popped off like a beer cap. Top mount not large enough for the grumpy hyd shock mount.
The solution for now is that Bombi will upgrade (no charge) to the adjustable gas shock off the 600 SDI, shock will mount upside down compared to the hyd shock same as on the SDI.
Be aware however that bombi will undoubtably forget to send the proper spring stopper with the new gas shock (part # 503189912) as the spring stopper from the hyd shock won't fit the gas shock. Found out by experience sadly. Spring is the same for either shock.
A pain in the butt having these shocks break but the free upgrade to the now adjustable gas shock eases the frustration somewhat. Haven't torture tested the gas shock yet as I'm waiting for the stopper to come in.
Cheers !!!
[snapback]711379[/snapback]​
I was riding my brand new 500ss trail this last weekend on somewhat choppy trails with about 6 of my buddies. About halfway through our ride, I noticed that I was bottoming out on the lighter stuff. Then, I hit a patch of pretty large moguls and i heard a loud grinding noise which slowed me immediately. Turns out the shock strut broke on the front track shock and the spring was sucked up into the track. As far as I can tell no further damage to the track but what a way to end a good day of riding. Should be covered under warranty but I'm a little weary about putting the same shock back on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts