Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Looks like the strain gauge we had on our engine dyno (at the top). Is there data acquisition software that graphs the shaft speed and measures lbs for when you are tuning the shock valving?
Hope your summer is going well.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the strain gauge we had on our engine dyno (at the top). Is there data acquisition software that graphs the shaft speed and measures lbs for when you are tuning the shock valving?
Hope your summer is going well.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
THat's what My shock dyno is for . I can also test shocks with the springs on, but I can only stroke 2 inches. Shock dyno can go to 45 inches per second shaft speed and has numbers and graphs. Spring smasher can compress 24 or 28 inches. You can learn alot about springs and spring rubbers with a smasher. Putting a spring rubber in the middle of the spring vs one end makes a pretty big difference in how much stiffer the spring gets. We use stacked springs on our dirt car on the left rear, the other 3 springs are single springs ranging from 150 to 250lbs rate.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
THat's what My shock dyno is for . I can also test shocks with the springs on, but I can only stroke 2 inches. Shock dyno can go to 45 inches per second shaft speed and has numbers and graphs. Spring smasher can compress 24 or 28 inches. You can learn alot about springs and spring rubbers with a smasher. Putting a spring rubber in the middle of the spring vs one end makes a pretty big difference in how much stiffer the spring gets. We use stacked springs on our dirt car on the left rear, the other 3 springs are single springs ranging from 150 to 250lbs rate.
What type of dirt car?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What type of dirt car?

Dirt sportsman , Teo Pro Car. My son's first year, been pretty brutal at times, got turned into wall at end of straightaway, tons of damage (4k), 10 flat [email protected], each, a 602 GM crate motor, 6K. We run Orange County Fair Speedway, Middletown NY. We had a special race Friday night and got lucky. My kid drew the pole for the feature and won his first race.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts