Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
McRev VT said:
I have a stock 2005 Mach and I am looking to upgrade the front suspension. What is working best for trails?

[snapback]684477[/snapback]​
I bought a set of used piggyback shocks off an 800x. I revalved and shortened them by about 1" and used stock Mach Z springs. The 800 springs are too light. It works awesome! Night and day difference, no bottoming out anymore. I still need to upgrade the rear shocks. I have about $650 into the two front shocks. Hygear sells a set of 4 shocks that I guess works real good but the price is around $1800 I think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
McRev VT said:
I have a stock 2005 Mach and I am looking to upgrade the front suspension. What is working best for trails?

If you mostly ride trails why shorten the shocks?
I have Ohlins C 36RPX in the front of my renegade X and i think they are great.
I just need to set up the rear to perform so good also.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I LOVE my fox floats. They ride much better than I had heard on the trail plus the ability to have such a wide variance in ride height is awesome...I can slam the front end about 2" from the ice or raise it up to have more clearance than stock.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been very happy with Rev x shocks front and rear. Got a set of new 2006 Rev 800x piggyback in the front for $650. Went with 2006 shocks as they are a good balance between the short Mach Z units and the taller pre-2006 Rev units. I think I picked up 1.5" - 2" of clearance which comes in handy on a bumpy trail. Got an excellent set of used 2005 Rev 800x shocks for the rear and a real bargain at $250. The center shock had the stock spring which was a real plus as it is the same softer spring that BRP chose for the 2006 Mach Z. I think the softer spring has greatly reduced the harsh kick that the rear suspension sometimes gave me on a very rough trail. Bottomline: you will be glad you invested in upgraded shocks on your Mach Z..

·
Registered
579 Posts
swede said:
McRev VT said:

If you mostly ride trails why shorten the shocks?
I have Ohlins C 36RPX in the front of my renegade X and i think they are great.
I just need to set up the rear to perform so good also.

[snapback]684992[/snapback]​
I shortened mine so they would work with the stock silver springs. They started off almost two inches longer and now they are about an inch longer then the stock junk. Works great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.