Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a set of '03 piggyback shocks on the front of my '05 Mach. They have the original springs on them. Does anyone know off hand if the stock Mach spings are stiffer than the '03 springs.

Trails around here are pretty rough and I already have damage around the bottom exhaust port. Took out 1 chaincase cover already.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Blinkster said:
I'm running a set of '03 piggyback shocks on the front of my '05 Mach. They have the original springs on them. Does anyone know off hand if the stock Mach spings are stiffer than the '03 springs.

Trails around here are pretty rough and I already have damage around the bottom exhaust port. Took out 1 chaincase cover already.
[snapback]687594[/snapback]​
The springs that came on my piggyback shocks which were off an 800x were yellow and like 85# springs. The mach springs are like 125#. I used the mach springs but I had to shorten the shocks a little bit and I also had them revalved a little bit stiffer. They are still 1" longer then the originals and work great! no bottoming out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The mach springs off of my '05 after @2000 miles of various riding just came in at 124# per inch on my rebco digital rater. Now pulled a set of the piggy back springs down off of the shelf and rated them. Barrel progressive type 4 per the racing handbook pink black black they came in at 86 # per inch AFTER getting past the initial progressive part. The book lists them as 55/85 pounders. I have found that the doo springs hold thier rate very well compared to some of the stock car springs that I have dealt with in the past. A good step between the mach and piggy back spring would be the type 2 barrel spring with no tab and the part number is 505-070-298 blue pink black 70/100#.

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.