Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just bought a brand new 1200 x. Is the front end very weak on the 1200? There is a support that is available for the nun(the front end) that gives extra support. Just wundering if the xr needs this. Also the is a clutch brace that is out is it recomended too.

Thanks

·
boost junkie
10,690 Posts
xr is the same as a xp

IMO stock does not need either

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
It is technically called a "fss" front suspension support. I bent one and took the s member with it. Look at the parts diagrams to see what it looks like. They are plenty strong enough. You wont bend one just riding around. All bets are off if you hit something.

There are braces available. It's arguable whether they help or hurt. Yes they will stiffen the sled. But if you hit something the brace may cause things to bend beyond the fuse-able link (the s-member) and take the tunnel out too. Let the things break that ski doo intended to break.

I hit a bolt sticking out of a train track on a . Somehow the ten people in front of me missed it. I went arse over big time. $2000 in damage on a sled with 200 miles on it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
It is technically called a "fss" front suspension support. I bent one and took the s member with it. Look at the parts diagrams to see what it looks like. They are plenty strong enough. You wont bend one just riding around. All bets are off if you hit something.

There are braces available. It's arguable whether they help or hurt. Yes they will stiffen the sled. But if you hit something the brace may cause things to bend beyond the fuse-able link (the s-member) and take the tunnel out too. Let the things break that ski doo intended to break.

I hit a bolt sticking out of a train track on a . Somehow the ten people in front of me missed it. I went arse over big time. $2000 in damage on a sled with 200 miles on it.
I agree! I like the idea of having replaceable modules, the "S" and the "E". If you have a medium altercation you might only take out the "S" module. A little more severe and the damage might get into the "E" module. Either way the tunnel will be spared in most cases. The parts are relatively cheap and easy to replace, just cut off the bad and replace with the new. I hit a snow covered stump with my right ski and took out the "S" and the "E" module. Made my list, ordered parts, and had it back together in two weeks in my spare time, better than new. If the front end was stiffened up substantially, it might have taken the tunnel with it. Then you are talking "right off".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts