Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i want to by a set of shocks fox float 2 for my ski-doo summit,and i was wondering if it is a good choice???

thanks,ionut

·
We're All Gonna Get Stuck!
2,902 Posts
I don't personally have these shocks, but I do know some guys who have had them on different sleds. They seem to like them. A good shock, and nice and light too. Just make sure to have them valved for your weight and ride style. I've heard of guys who install right out of the box and hate them, and then sell them cheap to someone else thinking they are garbage. Then the guy that bought them gets them set up properly and they are great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't personally have these shocks, but I do know some guys who have had them on different sleds. They seem to like them. A good shock, and nice and light too. Just make sure to have them valved for your weight and ride style. I've heard of guys who install right out of the box and hate them, and then sell them cheap to someone else thinking they are garbage. Then the guy that bought them gets them set up properly and they are great.
do you know any place from where i can by the shocks and valve them in the same place???

thanks

·
We're All Gonna Get Stuck!
2,902 Posts
You might be able to order them valved right from Fox.

I would get a hold of Ian at Monster Performance. That guy knows everything there is to know about shocks. He'll point you in the right direction. Might even set you up with some shocks. He can valve them for you too.

Google Monster Performance. I think the website is www.monsterperf.com

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I would get the Evol R's for a Summit. The great thing about Evol R's is that you can control ride height and bottom out resistance separately which is really important if you want your sled to be easy to carve and handle bumps at the same time.. Just my 2 cents... Love my Evol R's !

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love mine... i know people talk about the valving and stuff, but i put mine on right out of the box and loved them. It did take me a few trips to get the PSI dialed in. But after i found the right PSI for me i havent had a single complaint about them (60 PSI). They make your sled ride so much smoother, and take bumps and jumps like a champ. An im sure they just get better as you go up in $ haha (evol, evelv r's).

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
Had both the Evol R's and the Float 2's, but on two different machines. I prefer the extra volume of the Evol R's. THey are much more compliant at the top of hte shock stroke than the Float's are. I bought them thinking the rebound what was I wanted, but I don't toy with it too much. They are more money than the Float's, but are the smoothest shock I've ridden to date for my style.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts