Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 600 grand touring SE and wants to convert it to a renagade. Whould he need to change the gearing and if so what would he change it to? He wants to be able to keep up with an mxz, would this be possible by just regearing, would he need clutch work?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
He needs to swap out the SC10 II rear suspension for an SC10 III, swap the track out for the 1 1/4 lug track, ditch the 2 up seat, tall windsheild and backrest. Not a cheap conversion.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He alreadt has the 1 1/4 inch track and all the cosmetic accesories. He was thinkin of performance not appearance. I think hes ordering a clutch kit and pipes but he wants to know if he should change the gears and what he would change.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Like I said, he will have to get the SC-10 III suspension, it will not ride high enough off the ground to be any good in the rough stuff with the stock suspension which is designed for smooth riding on groomed trails.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Don't know what year you're referring to but if it's an 02

GT600 SE 23/43 gearing 600 Gade 21 / 43 gearing same chain

My buddy has an 02 Gade and he changed the 21 tooth gear up to a 23 or 24 anyway. Better top end, better mileage, just a better all around gear. I'd try the stock gearing first, but it's only the price of the top gear anyway, as the chain is the same.

Same clutch ramps 299's, same primary spring VI/VI, same 47 degree helix. Basically, clutching and gearing is the same.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You don't need to swap the suspensions, as the 02 Gade came with the SC-10 2, anyway. SC-10-3 may be better, but it would cost a few dollars to pick one up.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx guys, when i said he's oredering a clutch i meant a clutch kit.....I think hes gonna order the on from mxz-revzone.com. In a race would her be able to run witha renage or mxz.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ma1shug1 said:
Check out these pics... http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/album1787

This is what my 121" MXZ looks like after I converted it to a 136" Renegade. You will need to do the same work. What year is the Grand Touring?
[snapback]693996[/snapback]​
Other then the new track suspension and tunnel extension did u do anything else like regearing or and clutch work, and what performance gains or losses did u see

·
Registered
8 Posts
NewfieRider440 said:
It's a 2000
[snapback]694010[/snapback]​
Just check this BRP link: It is the electronic catalog that gives all the drawings and the diagrams with all the part numbers of every single component of the Ski-doo snowmobiles from year 1997 to 2006. If you go in Drive train, you will see the numbers of teeth on the gears.

http://www.ski-doo.com/en-CA/Parts.htm

Good luck

·
Registered
513 Posts
NewfieRider440 said:
ma1shug1 said:

This is what my 121" MXZ looks like after I converted it to a 136" Renegade. You will need to do the same work. What year is the Grand Touring?
Other then the new track suspension and tunnel extension did u do anything else like regearing or and clutch work, and what performance gains or losses did u see
[snapback]696183[/snapback]​
I re-geared to 23/43 with the 74 Link chain. It is great.... Still rides and handles like the 121" but has a lot smoother ride and better traction.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
1BadZ said:
You don't need to swap the suspensions, as the 02 Gade came with the SC-10 2, anyway. SC-10-3 may be better, but it would cost a few dollars to pick one up.
[snapback]693517[/snapback]​
My mistake, they switched to SC-10 III in 03, sorry 'bout that.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ma1shug1 said:
NewfieRider440 said:
ma1shug1 said:

[snapback]696183[/snapback]​
I re-geared to 23/43 with the 74 Link chain. It is great.... Still rides and handles like the 121" but has a lot smoother ride and better traction.
[snapback]696299[/snapback]​
thanx again, did u notice a decrease in top speed?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts