Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get the ECM reflash that's been mentioned on here yet? I think Bill Cudney was saying he thought it would be out today, just wondering if it showed up or is on backorder with the decomp plugs and other needed parts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I hope it's true, but I'm not holding my breath. So far, BRP has not spent a penny this year to fix this sled.
BRP does not have the pockets it did when part of Bombardier and the new management team is making that very clear

-signifigant manpower reductions
-no warranty releases (rings on series 3, mach z)
-material shortages and backorders
-"edit for bad language" poor communication and customer relations

Yes my friends, this is a new company.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Forgot strengh of Canadian dollar. US dollar is worth 20% less to BRP this year. Can you say cash strapped. New Yahama is sounding good?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Good point. Don't forget, we don't know how the overhead distribution was structured when it was part of Bombardier. They could have been planning to sell off the RP division for a while and had all the overhead costs nicely buffered under the big umbrella. They claim it was the only division making money, but how much could they have been making with poor sled sales the last few years and the REV and RT in development?

Anyway, back to the topic: Any news on a software upgrade???? I started holding my breath

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
My sled has been in the shop for about 1 1/2 weeks now,I will drop in for a visit and ask,their still waiting for my decompression plugs from the last bulletin, this is my 2cnd weekend with my sled in the shop,but that's OK,it's -35 this morning,as of 2 days ago,when I asked the dealer about the reflash ,he said he never herd nothing from BRP about that yet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am going to get the timing and tps done and that is it. Welded those plugs and my plug fouling no longer there pulled plugs nice color to them!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Timbad said:
I am going to get the timing and tps done and that is it. Welded those plugs and my plug fouling no longer there pulled plugs nice color to them!!!
[snapback]299877[/snapback]​
was in shop yesterday as of 4pm no releases on bossweb/buds as of yet

·
Registered
164 Posts
squish band said:
My sled has been in the shop for about 1 1/2 weeks now,I will drop in for a visit and ask,their still waiting for my decompression plugs from the last bulletin, this is my 2cnd weekend with my sled in the shop,but that's OK,it's -35 this morning,as of 2 days ago,when I asked the dealer about the reflash ,he said he never herd nothing from BRP about that yet.
[snapback]299874[/snapback]​
I see youre in the freezer too,We had Thurs.-32, Fri.-44 yoday-41
Other than a few days its been like this all winter,was down to -54
once and im not talking wind chill.Hardly used my doos yet.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
WHEN YOU PLUG THE DECOMPRESSION PORTS WHAT PLUGS ARE YOU RUNNING THE 9ECS OR 8ECS?

·
Registered
164 Posts
saint1000 said:
WHEN YOU PLUG THE DECOMPRESSION PORTS WHAT PLUGS ARE YOU RUNNING THE 9ECS OR 8ECS?
[snapback]300135[/snapback]​
My dealer dont have br8ecs so we left the 9s in.But i dont think i would
want to run the 8s anyway.Heard of grey to white colors,gonna take my
chances with #9.Going down home to north-east Quebec next week for
about 6 weeks and i know shes gonna be WOT most of the time,We have
miles and miles of usually smooth ocean bays and hundreds of lakes,plus
this time of year is just starting to get good riding temp. and conditions.
Beats -40 plus up here.

·
Registered
516 Posts
-40? gees its a balmy +50 degrees here near Green Bay Wi This winter warm up crap blows!

mps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts