Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hoping someone has fixed something similar.

My 2013 Summit Sport PTEK blew up last year and burned a whole bunch of coolant. I did a crank exchange, replated the cylinders, replaced temp sensors and put a new dash in.

Now when I'm trying to start it up, it backfires when it gets over about 1500 RPM. I thought it might be the carbs so I took them off and cleaned them and still getting the same... will post a vid tonight. Has anyone had anything like this before?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
The two small trigger coils. It is easy to get them mixed up. If they are swapped around in there location. It won't start only backfire occasionally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The two small trigger coils. It is easy to get them mixed up. If they are swapped around in there location. It won't start only backfire occasionally.
The round thing with two clips? I tried switching them once, the video is what it sounded like before. It sounds better now, I think I have the black on top and white on bottom.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Oh ok. I thought the trigger coils were green on top. Blue on bottom. If it is running perfect. Just drive her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pickup coils are in the right place but it still has the backfire. Could it have anything to do with my stator wires? I didn’t have a removal tool to get the wires out of the clip so I cut and spliced them together again. Had to do this to get them through the round hole in the outside of the crankcase. I used some butt connectors and then shrink wrapped and taped them so I don’t think it’s messed I at all.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
You say a new Dash? Did you replace the Gauge assembly in it as well? The gauge assembly has to be programmed to function correctly. Could be the gauge causing grief.

If it had spark and started fine before the engine work? Then yes the stator wire would be a good area to look into.

Reactions: Daag44

·
Premium Member
30,432 Posts
You say a new Dash? Did you replace the Gauge assembly in it as well? The gauge assembly has to be programmed to function correctly. Could be the gauge causing grief.

If it had spark and started fine before the engine work? Then yes the stator wire would be a good area to look into.
Have you seen the gauge ever cause strange issues? The weirdest case I have ever heard was an rpm gauge on an SDI preventing the engine from reaching max rpm. Just imagine how hard and how long you need to fight a low rpm issue to begin thinking of replacing the rpm gauge. It was over a calendar year with a rebuild and many part swaps. I am still weirded out by that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.